login problem

Well I couldn't log in just a little while ago, but I thought it was because of the firewall I'm behind at the moment. In fact, the login button on the bottom left of HOME was greyed out..... so I didn't get any error, I just couldn't log in.

I just got a ONE, cannot login through HOME.

It always says "there is a problem contacting tomtom plus, please try again later".

is there some special firewall setting that is blocking it? I can login fine using the website directly, but HOME can't do anything - couldn't download my free voice, any of the color schemes, can't get any content updates, nothing. this has been going on all day.

HOME is a different login server and it's been having issues lately, just try again and if it still doesn't work.... be patient. I'll be back up. We post the status all the time.

And welcome to the site! Enjoy your ONE!!

thanks for your reply.

reading some other threads (great website by the way) - I had an old version of HOME. I just got the latest and installed it, and it can connect and is downloading now.

there ya go... as a Newbie here and your second post I'll reiterate to you...
MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING TO YOUR TOMTOM...

you never know when they "fix" something with an update that you find out you don't want. Or if you make a mistake too!!!

Yep, HOME is working for me again too. In fact, I downloaded the new QuickFix file tonight, I thought this was a Sunday thing...

Quick fix tells the unit where the satelittes will be for the next couple of days so that you dont have to wait for a signal forever when you start up the unit. It quickly fixes your GPS signal.

And it auto-downloads every time you start HOME if there is a new update. In Case your next question was where do I get it. Some users are getting it through there Plus Services account too, direct to the device.

Ask a Question