Live 1005 newby

TomTom Model(s)
live Go 1005
Hi Folks

I have just upgraded from a Go 700 to a Live GO 1005.

I am very happy with it except it now updates numbers instead of names from my phone. I believe I can do nothing about this:mad:
Is it possible to load new camera warning sounds? I can't seem to find out how.

Any help would be appreciated.

Loading new camera warning sounds is easy, but what you can achieve depends on whether you are talking about TomTom's OWN camera data, or if you have installed new camera warnings from a third-party supplier (these can be much better than TomTom's own offerings!)

Because TomTom's own data is only divided up into camera types not speeds, you can only have one warning sound or voice per camera type, and you can only use "Method #2" below.
But if you install other camera warning data, then you can have a voice announcement of the relevant speed limit as you approach a camera and you can use either method.

The two methods of adding sounds areboth are exactly the same as how you do it on the old models, except that you now have to use the MyTomTom utility to achieve it.

1. add them in the "Add POIs" section or
2. add them in the "Add warning sounds" section.

MyTT_Add_POI_Sounds.jpg

If you use method #1 then the files MUST be in .ogg audio format, and they MUST have exactly the same names as the data files they go with .
So for example you might have this set of three files for 30mph cameras
Fixed_cam_30.ov2
Fixed_cam_30.bmp
Fixed_cam_30.ogg
These can ALL be loaded in the same way using the "Add POI" button and the audio file will will then be selected automatically when you do the warnings setup.
(On most web browsers you can add several files at once by click-and -drag to select them all, unfortunately users of Internet Explorer can only load them one at a time!)

If you use method #2 then you can use .ogg or .wav audio files, and you select the warning from the normal sound effect selection screen.

It all works just the same as it always did on the old models.

The fact the names of the files are truncated on that sound effects screen is a pain, but if you choose to do it this way there is no reason you cannot change the names of the sound files before you upload them.

This is exactly what I did long ago. My sound files are called "Fixed_30" "Mobile_40" etc. which are easy to see on screen (and you only have to do it once).

There are plenty of free "bulk file re-namers" on the web which will rename them all in a trice if you'd rather not do it manually.

Ask a Question