Line-out for making calls?

I hope this isn't right in front of my nose but I can't seem to figure out how to do this if it's even possible.

I'm running the line-out to my stereo or on the motorcycle using the line-out as a headphone jack to hear directions/music.

The thing is tho when making calls I can't get the audio from the calls to go through the line-out, it only works through the built-in speaker, which is woefully quiet and hard for me to hear. Will it even do this?

TIA

I hope this isn't right in front of my nose but I can't seem to figure out how to do this if it's even possible.

I'm running the line-out to my stereo or on the motorcycle using the line-out as a headphone jack to hear directions/music.

The thing is tho when making calls I can't get the audio from the calls to go through the line-out, it only works through the built-in speaker, which is woefully quiet and hard for me to hear. Will it even do this?

TIA

NOPE! As far as I know, this cannot be done. The phone call will always go through the units speaker, as a phone call is FULL DUPLEX, and requires a MIC for input and a speaker for output. Basically, so you can talk and listen, in fact, simultaniously.

NOPE! As far as I know, this cannot be done. The phone call will always go through the units speaker, as a phone call is FULL DUPLEX, and requires a MIC for input and a speaker for output. Basically, so you can talk and listen, in fact, simultaniously.

You say this like it's naturally impossible to provide this feature, yet, tomtom used to provide it and Garmin does currently provide it. No excuses! This is poor integration! This is the one feature that almost pushed me to Garmin. Alas, the Tomtom routing options won me over. I'm bitter that I can't have both.

You say this like it's naturally impossible to provide this feature, yet, tomtom used to provide it and Garmin does currently provide it. No excuses! This is poor integration! This is the one feature that almost pushed me to Garmin. Alas, the Tomtom routing options won me over. I'm bitter that I can't have both.

Yeah, that sucks big time. It pretty much negates my reason for buying the 720 for car/cycle use.

Heck, even in the car I'd rather hear the call through the car's audio system than that tiny, woefully inadequate speaker.

Once again, the 720 manages to turn every feature I thought would work into something that doesn't.

I paid $300+ for what amounts to a $99 unit with $200 worth of non-functioning extras.

TomTom can't go out of business fast enough, and well-deserved.

Ask a Question