Latest map guarantee

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
I have a new TT720 it has map ver# 710.1584
I had home check and it says the latest map is instaled.
although the maps page says a ver. 720 is avail?
why is this is the ver. 720 different?
Am I doing something wrong?
Also I can not get vr to work eithe. I have tried the things to try
with no luck.
Thanks for any help.

I have a new TT720 it has map ver# 710.1584
I had home check and it says the latest map is instaled.
although the maps page says a ver. 720 is avail?
why is this is the ver. 720 different?
Am I doing something wrong?
Also I can not get vr to work eithe. I have tried the things to try
with no luck.
Thanks for any help.

I had the same problem and all I did was email tomtom and explain it to them and attach a copy of my receipt for my TT720 and they emailed me back that they checked it out and the new maps were added to my account and I could get them from tomtom home. I logged in the tomtom home and there they were. US/Canada v7.20

I had the same problem and all I did was email tomtom and explain it to them and attach a copy of my receipt for my TT720 and they emailed me back that they checked it out and the new maps were added to my account and I could get them from tomtom home. I logged in the tomtom home and there they were. US/Canada v7.20

If they provided you with USA&Canada 7.20, you got the WRONG map. You should have North_America 7.20. For one thing, the USA&Canada does not provide functionality for Voice Recognition. As well, the detail and poi of the US&Can is less than the NA map.

I sent them an email and have not heard back yet.
They did not provide anything yet.
I am going to wait to do anything else with voice rec. until I get the latest map.
I was hoping to wait to see if a newer map update came out this month but have to make an unexpected trip so I might as well have the latest map now.
I hope TT support can take care of this for me.

i would recommend calling tomtom customer service. you also should have a month under the latest map guarantee to download a new map, so you should have the opportunity to download the correct one.

ok i bought this unit about 3 days ago and how do i know i have the North American Maps and not the US&Canada one ?
Tap on the GPS signals, bottom RH corner (it will most likely display 8.0.10), tap on that and you should get a complete listing of what is on your machine.

I had a similar problem where I had to send a copy of my receipt into TomTom in order to recieve the latest maps. It actually went well and I received an e-mail saying that they had added the new map (Ver. 7.20) to my updates on Home. My question is, I still have about 2 weeks left before my 30 day map guarantee expires. Should I download the latest map they added for me (Ver. 7.20) or should I wait to see if a new update comes out in the next 2 weeks? Thanks.

I had a similar problem where I had to send a copy of my receipt into TomTom in order to recieve the latest maps. It actually went well and I received an e-mail saying that they had added the new map (Ver. 7.20) to my updates on Home. My question is, I still have about 2 weeks left before my 30 day map guarantee expires. Should I download the latest map they added for me (Ver. 7.20) or should I wait to see if a new update comes out in the next 2 weeks? Thanks.

If you dl the 720 map, I suspect that will use up your 'one kick at the can' for the latest map guarantee. You can wait another 10 days or so before downloading it. There may be a version 8 map out in the next 2 weeks, but don't count on it.

If you dl the 720 map, I suspect that will use up your 'one kick at the can' for the latest map guarantee. You can wait another 10 days or so before downloading it. There may be a version 8 map out in the next 2 weeks, but don't count on it.

I could be wrong but I think if they already added the 720 map to your account that's the end of your "latest map guarantee" even if you DIDN'T download it yet. You do have a year to download the 720 map however.

Last edited:
Well, there is some feeling that if you have NOT actually downloaded the map, it may not count.

Well, there is some feeling that if you have NOT actually downloaded the map, it may not count.
I hope the feeling is correct. I emailed customer service and was told otherwise. The person that I talked to could be wrong. You may argue the fact their system was in error informing you that you had the latest map to begin with.

I just got off of the phone with TomTom customer service asking about my map situation. They told me that if a new map were to come out in the next two weeks, that I'd be eligible for that one if I didn't download the 7.20 version. He then went on to tell me that it would be a one in a million chance that a new map would be coming out in the next two weeks. He said they expected some time off before a new version would come out and that it would probably be a 7.25 version. I still think I may hold off a week or so on downloading version 7.20, just to see.

I just got off of the phone with TomTom customer service asking about my map situation. They told me that if a new map were to come out in the next two weeks, that I'd be eligible for that one if I didn't download the 7.20 version. He then went on to tell me that it would be a one in a million chance that a new map would be coming out in the next two weeks. He said they expected some time off before a new version would come out and that it would probably be a 7.25 version. I still think I may hold off a week or so on downloading version 7.20, just to see.

Here are my own thoughts on this subject which are assumptions since I don't work for TT or Tele Atlas nor know anyone who does. Support people are often wrong and give conflicting answers. TT issues new maps 4 times a year but not necessarily based on a strict 3 months calendar. The last map (v7.20) was issued in early May and was expected in June as per their previous last update (v7.15). When is their new update going to happen? Logic would put it this month but could also happen next month...

That being said, I have high expectations for the next map version because I expect many MapShare major updates to make it in that version depending on how far they (Tele Atlas and TT) are into their MapShare workload. When TT isues a new map, it is usually based on Tele Atlas map data that dates back 3 months before the issue date because TT selects what is going to be incorporated and manipulates much of this data so it can fit into our device's internal memory and work well with our NavCore.

If they provided you with USA&Canada 7.20, you got the WRONG map. You should have North_America 7.20. For one thing, the USA&Canada does not provide functionality for Voice Recognition. As well, the detail and poi of the US&Can is less than the NA map.

You're right it is North_America 7.20 I mixed it up with another TT I have and said US/Canada :confused:

Just to update my orig. post.
I did receive a email back from TT and have downloaded ver.# 7.20
Also my voice recognition works now.
I have been playing with that on the old map for days and could not get it to work. worked as soon as I loaded the new map in.

Must have been something corrupted in the old ver.

Thanks for your answers.

Ask a Question