Latest map guarantee does not work

Yesterday i bought TomTom XL. After driving around Tallinn (Estonian Capital), i realized, that this map must be wery old. At home, using tomtom home, it did some small updatest automatically, mostly fixes by community i think.

My tomtom says, that i have DE_AT_CH_and_Eastern_Europe v720.1802 Map. Latest map guarantee says, that this is the latest, but latest should be 8.30. What should i do?

See if Home offers an application update. If so, accept and install. Now see if the LMG works for you. If not call Estonian support at:

Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CET+1

TomTom home is latest version. There are no new updates fot my XL. On the right corner it says: Newer versions of your map are available. Get them for as little as 8.95 per quarter with ouer new Map Update Service. Clicking on it and it says my map is 4 quarters old. Weird, because Latest Map Guarantee says: Your device already has the latest map.

Tap the satellite bars on your unit. The next screen shows the version number of the application installed. Now, tap the version number and the next screen shows the map installed and the version number.

Can you report back the application version and the map version, please?

Yes, application seems up to date. Your map is not. Call support at the number I provided.

BUT...........

Before you do anything, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

I did call now and have to send them some photos. They did send me e-mail with information, but that email has not arrived jet(in 15 min). If it wount arrive, can you send me another one? I gave them (e-mail address removed) because i am registed to tomtom home with this mail, but maiby mail.ee has some problems. If mail.ee does not work, can they send that email to (e-mail address removed) ?

Lauri.....

Understand something. This forum is not associated with TomTom the company in any way except that we discuss their products. If you need to let them know of anything like an email change or whatever, you need to call TT directly.

Use the support number earlier in this thread.

They sent me new map, but now i have new problem. It says that this item does not work on your device. Therefore, it cannot be installed.

There are ways to install a map without using Home but call support first to see what they suggest....

From support, they sent me Germany, Austria, Switzerland and eastern europe map. I dont think it is good as central and eastern europe map, because it is 300 mb smaller(only 475mb) Downloading it right now. I didnt have enought space on my gps for previous map, maiby thats why i got this error? I tried to delete my old map and then i had enought space, but still got the same error.

Enyway, im downloadint Germany, Austria, Switzerland and eastern europe map now and hope its not that bad in Estonia.

Ask a Question