Last plead for help 920 not acquiring satellites

It hasn't been possible to use a cell phone for the connection (the old Plus services) for quite some time (though I wonder if they'll bring that back with 2G services waning?). That was discontinued a couple of years ago. You'd need an RDS/charger cable for your 920 to get traffic. Since you are on version 9.465, I believe you should be able to use the current traffic cable for this (I'm assuming you never had one before). Not cheap from TomTom, though.

Will one of the other mods check to make sure I'm pointing at the right unit here? I'm doing this from my cell and not a great picture to work with.. http://www.tomtom.com/en_us/products/accessories/chargers-connect-cables/usb-lt-traffic-receiver/

Yep. That's the one. I used it on my 540 and it also works with my 720. Should be fine with the 920.

@dhn and canderson....
I think we went rather off-topic around post #18?

Wasn't the original problem SATELLITE aquisition, not RDS-TMC?

Hopefully, if the OP is reporting traffic connection issues, they our recommendations for satellite fix worked.

The PLUS services in the 920 still work, although you can no longer purchase traffic in North America.

The problem is that no one has ever been able to connect a 9000-series blackberry to PLUS services, only 8000-series blackberries or earlier work. There's something different/incompatible about the 9000-series bluetooth protocol.

Ask a Question