Just got a 910 :-)

Welcome Josh. You have come to the right place to find and share about the 910. I too have a 910 and it is awesome!

Hello there and welcome to the boards.

Oh, and you really should follow Pedro2NR's advice and perform a backup as soon as you can. To many stories of people losing their TTS voices :eek:

Welcome Acecool, I also just recently got a 910. you have come to the right place for information and pretty much anything you need for your unit, this guys are awesome.

Hi Josh,

Congrats on your 910 and welcome! I would LOVE to see pics of your 240SX. I had an '89 240SX and I loved that car so much!

Hey, yeah I am loving it so far :)

I had to unhide all menu settings and so on..

The only problem I am having, is that my home street shows about 20 feet off, or so (so when I turn into it, it shows me driving off the road beside it...)

Other than that, it is great, recalculates a route in less than a second and so on..

A backup takes about 40 minutes, so I held off on that, but I performed the updates through the tomtom software that you can install when you plug your tomtom in..

As for photos of my baby :)
acecoolco.com/joshs_car/

Acecool,

Welcome. I am also a newbie and really enjoy this forum. Tons of info.

I have the same problem as you with my home street. But mine is actually 80 ft off. It was correct with my old map, but is off 80' with the new map. I live in a cow pasture now!!!

RandyR

Yeah, about 80 feet off would be right for me too...

I guesstimated before.. But hey, overall driving is really nice, love the gps speedo :)

Mine is spot on to 90mph or so then it starts reading about 1 to 3 mph higher than the gps :)

Sweet car!!! Mine was that light metallic blue color, but looked exactly like that otherwise. What a sweet memory. :)

Thanks, I appreciate the comments :)

Yeah, the handling is simply awesome, no speed limiter :) and so on..

Lots of fun to drive.

Hello there and welcome to the boards.

Oh, and you really should follow Pedro2NR's advice and perform a backup as soon as you can. To many stories of people losing their TTS voices :eek:
When you do your backup...do a FULL backp otherwise it won't backup the TTS

The only problem I am having, is that my home street shows about 20 feet off, or so (so when I turn into it, it shows me driving off the road beside it...)
Here's a tip to get more accuracy for your home location.

when infront of your home, go to your preference page and select 'add favorite' and scroll through the pages until you see 'gps postion'. When you save it you can change that favorite into your home location.

I do this with all my favorites.

Ask a Question