New member - just got a GO910 refurb

Hi, all this satnav stuff is new to me.

Anyway, I live in the UK but have a Florida holiday this year and wanted a UK/USA sat nav. In the end I went for a refurbished TomTom GO910 and after a few days am happy with it as it does exactly what I want from a sat nav. However I do read horror stories about the reliability of the unit.

Fingers crossed it doesnt let me down when I get in the hire car at Miami.

Hi, all this satnav stuff is new to me.

Anyway, I live in the UK but have a Florida holiday this year and wanted a UK/USA sat nav. In the end I went for a refurbished TomTom GO910 and after a few days am happy with it as it does exactly what I want from a sat nav. However I do read horror stories about the reliability of the unit.

Fingers crossed it doesnt let me down when I get in the hire car at Miami.

Had a 910 for a few years and I loved it with no problems. Battery and storage space really good. The one bad thing with a refurb unit is that you are not entitled to the latest map guarantee. Anyways, good luck and welcome to this forum

Had a 910 for a few years and I loved it with no problems. Battery and storage space really good. The one bad thing with a refurb unit is that you are not entitled to the latest map guarantee. Anyways, good luck and welcome to this forum

Thanks for that.

Yes, I discovered the map issue when I connected to TomTom Home. Not a huge deal tbh as its only 1 issue out of date (it came with 2009 Q3 maps)

Not sure whether to upgade and subscribe to map updates or to leave it a year or so and then update. Not sure which would be the cheaper option?

Hi and welcome to the forum as you can see i am in the UK aswell "LIVERPOOL" i have just bought a 910 for my trip to florida in may please keep me posted how you get on with it.

Regards Tomtombob1.

welcome to the forums make sure you do a explorer not home back up of your unit it could save you a bunch of headaches down the line

Ask a Question