Just downloaded my free "Latest Map Guarantee" - lost my favorites?!

TomTom Model(s)
One LE
I just downloaded and installed my free map install, and upon finishing I noticed my "Home", and "Favorites" were greyed out. I guess they were erased. Pretty lame. Am I supposed to back up my stuff before I update maps?

I just downloaded and installed my free map install, and upon finishing I noticed my "Home", and "Favorites" were greyed out. I guess they were erased. Pretty lame. Am I supposed to back up my stuff before I update maps?

Yes you are supposed to backup before ever updating anything on your TomTom. I also recommend that you copy the resulting directory from your backup into another directory because future backups will overwrite your backup files.

However, your favorites will always be overwritten when you update your maps. Your favorties are stored in the mapsettings.cfg file...if you backup this program, then update your maps, then copy the mapsetting.cfg file back onto your TomTom, your favorites will appear again.

restoration

However, your favorites will always be overwritten when you update your maps. Your favorties are stored in the mapsettings.cfg file...if you backup this program, then update your maps, then copy the mapsetting.cfg file back onto your TomTom, your favorites will appear again.

This is great information. I was wondering how you could restore your saved file without erasing your new map.

joey

Ask a Question