Just downloaded my free "Latest Map Guarantee" - lost my favorites?!

Discussion in 'Maps and Routing' started by ahsan, Dec 18, 2007.

1. ahsan

ahsan

TomTom Model(s):
    One LE
    I just downloaded and installed my free map install, and upon finishing I noticed my "Home", and "Favorites" were greyed out. I guess they were erased. Pretty lame. Am I supposed to back up my stuff before I update maps?

ahsan, Dec 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. ahsan

Birdman

TomTom Model(s):
    TomTom Go 920
    Yes you are supposed to backup before ever updating anything on your TomTom. I also recommend that you copy the resulting directory from your backup into another directory because future backups will overwrite your backup files.

However, your favorites will always be overwritten when you update your maps. Your favorties are stored in the mapsettings.cfg file...if you backup this program, then update your maps, then copy the mapsetting.cfg file back onto your TomTom, your favorites will appear again.

Birdman, Dec 18, 2007
    1 person likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. ahsan

joey301

TomTom Model(s):
    restoration

This is great information. I was wondering how you could restore your saved file without erasing your new map.

joey

joey301, Dec 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question