Is TT Trafic subscription still free?

no idea, my traffic expired last Nov and I haven't been able to update it (even though traffic isn't available to purchase lol).

For those in the GTA, is traffic working for you or can you only get it via RDS-TMC?

for this feature i need my phone to connect with data supported? i just bought a new phone (blackjack 2) and i cant get it to work. any ideas? is there a way to get traffic without a data supported phone?

for this feature i need my phone to connect with data supported? i just bought a new phone (blackjack 2) and i cant get it to work. any ideas? is there a way to get traffic without a data supported phone?
That would be the FM receiver, (well, or another Tomtom supported phone) lol

Yes, a 90 day free trial is available to everyone.

*All you gotta do is call support and they will activate the feature.

*that's how mine got activated & they told me bout the 90 day thangy

As it now, 11:16am CST. 2/4/08, the 90 trial is not available anymore. I just called, and they said now it costs $55/year.

As it now, 11:16am CST. 2/4/08, the 90 trial is not available anymore. I just called, and they said now it costs $55/year.

DAMN!!!! Bye Bye...."freebies"

My opinion of the TRAFFIC feature. Based on 90 days of daily use. 9-14 hours of use per day.

Honestly, I feel the products got a long ways to go to maturity. It's just not reliable enough to justify the expense. I experienced MANY MANY situations that traffic should of alerted to. I found the entire feature very underwhelming.

But, i'm totally 100% satisfied with my 720 used as a GPS device.

I guess that hack does not work on a Blackberry 8830. I could not find the strings mentioned in those links.

No hack required for a 8830, here is how I configured mine:

1) when it asks you which phone model just select the only blackberry available which i think is the 8100 or something

2) I'm using verizon and that wasn't listed so I just chose t-mobile(1)

Everything should work. I'm pretty sure you are required to have an unlimited data plan with any blackberry anyway so I assume you have that. There is one possible hitch I could imagine which is I pay an additional $15 a month so that I can tether my phone to my laptop and use the internet wherever I am. I have no idea if that is required or not to make it work.

No hack required for a 8830, here is how I configured mine:

1) when it asks you which phone model just select the only blackberry available which i think is the 8100 or something

2) I'm using verizon and that wasn't listed so I just chose t-mobile(1)

Everything should work. I'm pretty sure you are required to have an unlimited data plan with any blackberry anyway so I assume you have that. There is one possible hitch I could imagine which is I pay an additional $15 a month so that I can tether my phone to my laptop and use the internet wherever I am. I have no idea if that is required or not to make it work.

I just tethered my 8703 from Verizon. I used the instructions from here: http://www.philoking.com/2007/12/22/motorola-q-and-verizon-support-tomtom-one-xl-unofficially/
to get it set up, but I probably could have just tried T-Mobile.

You DO need Tethering. No, an unlimited plan doesn't cover it. Yes, you have to pay extra for it. (Sorry - I've seen this in so many places. Verizon won't let you get something for nothing.)

4/18 - not sure about the intro period (maybe 90 days is still in the effect), but you have to pay for subscription now (as mentioned, $50-$60/yr). I still think this is BS since when I called back in Jan/Feb, they said the first year is free - i just had to call every 3-4mths to reactivate it... That option is gone...

Does anybody know how the traffic works if you're outside the free trial? It used to be you could extend the trial until TT figured out the Traffic function for the US and Canada. I haven't heard anything about a traffic subscription for the US. It's not even available via HOME. Resetting the account doesn't help either.

Ask a Question