Is TT Trafic subscription still free?

I was able to hack my Verizon LG VX8300 and get the weather to the TT720. I tried the traffic but got the message that I need a subscription. I have read on this for that TT traffic subsciption in US should be free. Does any one know if it is still free and how do I optain it for free?

Thanks.

I was able to hack my Verizon LG VX8300 and get the weather to the TT720. I tried the traffic but got the message that I need a subscription. I have read on this for that TT traffic subsciption in US should be free. Does any one know if it is still free and how do I optain it for free?

Thanks.

:confused: Confused:confused: , you stated a hack was required for recieving weather. ?????????????????

Traffic is indeed free. At least until the service is actually up and running 100%.
You'll have to contact TT for activation. I originally paid for subscription and later found out it was free. Called TT and they credited my account and my TT home page list my subscription active till 11/08.

All Verizon phones require hacking unless, 1) You have a V710 and a old plan that allows data using minutes, 2) You have tethering attached to your plan.

I assume the hack used is the one that changes "dun.vzw3g.com" to vzw3g.com".

Thanks.

excuse me superfreak....but some of us have that very phone and would love to know how u hacked the weather...please :D

All Verizon phones require hacking unless, 1) You have a V710 and a old plan that allows data using minutes, 2) You have tethering attached to your plan.

I assume the hack used is the one that changes "dun.vzw3g.com" to vzw3g.com".

Yes, that exactly what I did. The hack is actually very simple.

Here is what you need.

1. USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
2. QPST 2.7 build 215 software

Steps:
1. Connect your phone to the computer.
2. Follow the instructions provided on this page: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=938352
3. Once hack is done, set the data connection on TT720
a. Phone selection - other
b. Carrier selection - other
c. Access point - vzw3g
d. username - (10 digit phone number)@vzw3g.com
e. password - vzw
f number to dial - #777
g. No scripts
4. Once that is done, you should be able to connect. Try weather. If you receive weather you are good to go.

I call the TT and they setup traffic for me but only till 5/5/08. I guess I will have to call later to renew the subscription. Also the support guy was very shocked to hear that verizon works with traffic and weather. He was insisting that verizon phones only work for hands free calling. Once he setup the subscription for me I was able to get the traffic info. There would be a green dot in the upper right corner of the TT720 screen it traffic data is being received.

Good Luck to all.

Can the moderator create a sticky post for these instructions?

Last edited:
Traffic is still free? Well not for me, I got my One LE in December 22, and was working fine, but now when I log into my account at tomtom website, it says Traffic trial period has expired for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Just to let you guys Know, I just had my 3 months trial activated for trafic, A little useless up here in Quebec, since Plus services only gives Road contitions, not real trafic, but hey! it free for a while..
:rolleyes:

Just to let you guys Know, I just had my 3 months trial activated for trafic, A little useless up here in Quebec, since Plus services only gives Road contitions, not real trafic, but hey! it free for a while..
:rolleyes:
Well it's useful if you go down to the States to shop.

I can't reset my account to get the traffic again. Mine ended last November.

Yes, that exactly what I did. The hack is actually very simple.

Here is what you need.

1. USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
2. QPST 2.7 build 215 software

Steps:
1. Connect your phone to the computer.
2. Follow the instructions provided on this page: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=938352
3. Once hack is done, set the data connection on TT720
a. Phone selection - other
b. Carrier selection - other
c. Access point - vzw3g
d. username - (10 digit phone number)@vzw3g.com
e. password - vzw
f number to dial - #777
g. No scripts
4. Once that is done, you should be able to connect. Try weather. If you receive weather you are good to go.

I call the TT and they setup traffic for me but only till 5/5/08. I guess I will have to call later to renew the subscription. Also the support guy was very shocked to hear that verizon works with traffic and weather. He was insisting that verizon phones only work for hands free calling. Once he setup the subscription for me I was able to get the traffic info. There would be a green dot in the upper right corner of the TT720 screen it traffic data is being received.

Good Luck to all.

Can the moderator create a sticky post for these instructions?

I guess that hack does not work on a Blackberry 8830. I could not find the strings mentioned in those links.

Well it's useful if you go down to the States to shop.

I can't reset my account to get the traffic again. Mine ended last November.

Have you tried calling them and tell them you are stuck under 500Meters of snow an yould like to know keep testing the feature.. If you get lucky, they might renew it for a couple of months..
and maybe even send you a free shovel ;)

FYI, another 15cm of snow today, somewhere around 2m50 already fell this winter.

Have you tried calling them and tell them you are stuck under 500Meters of snow an yould like to know keep testing the feature.. If you get lucky, they might renew it for a couple of months..
and maybe even send you a free shovel ;)

FYI, another 15cm of snow today, somewhere around 2m50 already fell this winter.
Wouldn't mind. Got a foot, maybe foot and a half of snow up the mountain. Was stuck there for 3 hours waiting for them to clear the roads.

Thanks.

suppafreak,

How does the data usage show up on your bill? Does it use minutes? I am very interested as I have the same phone and do not want to pay the $59.00/month for the data plan I will seldom use.

2. Any idea how much data is used during a drive, ie number of megabytes per hour?

I have not got the stement yet. But I have read somewhere in this forumn that it should take about 3mb per month. I figured for $1.99 per MB is should be OK. I will let you know when I ge the first bill.

If you are using traffic or weather after a hack, that will use the data transmission from the phone to the TT. The data transmission cost money. You can either get $45 a month for unlimited data plus $15 one time setup from Verizon or you can hack the phone and only pay $1.99 for a megabyte. I do not use traffic all the time so for me so far the $1.99 option is more convenient.

If you are using traffic or weather after a hack, that will use the data transmission from the phone to the TT. The data transmission cost money. You can either get $45 a month for unlimited data plus $15 one time setup from Verizon or you can hack the phone and only pay $1.99 for a megabyte. I do not use traffic all the time so for me so far the $1.99 option is more convenient.

For non-smart phones without the tethering option there is the $15/mo unlimited feature.

Well it's really about 5 GB a month but who's counting:D

Ask a Question