IQ routes and LG on 920T?

I am running hte following software:

8.010 Application
810.1907 North America and Western Europe maps

With the above software, should I be able to use IQ routes and Lane guidance?

Thanks.

I do see "hide lane images", and I have "show lane guidance" checked on in the status bar preferences. However, I have driven around on San Diego freeways for a couple hours today and have not noticed lance guidance....

I do see "hide lane images", and I have "show lane guidance" checked on in the status bar preferences. However, I have driven around on San Diego freeways for a couple hours today and have not noticed lance guidance....
These early 8-series maps don't have that many static images. TomTom has indicated that later updates & releases will contain better coverage.

But the fact that you can change the Lane Images icon from "Show" to "Hide" means that your TomTom is configured for ALG.

R?

That's weird. I just drove from Burbank down to San Pedro to catch the Catalina Express and my 920T had ALG working with some static images shown. ALG works well, but i read somewhere that it does not display when you have the status bar in vertical mode. Vertical was my usual viewing mode, but I changed it to horizontal just for the very purpose of testing ALG while down in SoCal. I have the same app and map as you.

That's weird. I just drove from Burbank down to San Pedro to catch the Catalina Express and my 920T had ALG working with some static images shown. ALG works well, but i read somewhere that it does not display when you have the status bar in vertical mode. Vertical was my usual viewing mode, but I changed it to horizontal just for the very purpose of testing ALG while down in SoCal. I have the same app and map as you.

I suppose static images are avaiable in Los Angeles (Burbank to San Pedro) but not on the I5 in San Diego. I'll try other freeways....

During my driving around Sacramento I also got ALG on part of the routes. I hope TT will extend that nice data soon :) So do not panic - we can expect more ALG in the near future :)

During my driving around Sacramento I also got ALG on part of the routes. I hope TT will extend that nice data soon :) So do not panic - we can expect more ALG in the near future :)

Ahh - but will the updates be free?

By the way, you don't need to change your orientation. It will change for you automatically, and then go back again after a few seconds.

Ahh - but will the updates be free?

Would be nice, but I have a feeling those images are not included in the free MapShare updates. I've been treating it as ALG Beta -- kinda' works but not well enough to be a standalone selling point of the x30 devices (which is why everyone got that for free).

By the way, you don't need to change your orientation. It will change for you automatically, and then go back again after a few seconds.

I have seen the orientation change for static images, but not for lane guidance. This may have changed since I last tried it though.

ALG works well, but i read somewhere that it does not display when you have the status bar in vertical mode.
That is not so although you will see it repeated here a lot. Leave it on vertical.
At the mile or 1/2 mile when it flick up the overhead signs it first flips from vertical to horizontal.

Ask a Question