iPhone kit keeps breaking

Anyone else got the swivel part of their kit keeping separating when you change the angle on the screen?

Mine's done it a few times and the last time I couldn't find the tiny insert that, after a bit of fiddling, normally eventually goes back in and causes the ratchetty effect. So now it just swings around randomly.

Sounds like you have lost the small spring that lives between the top cap and the main body of the holder although the top cap is secured with two Philips head screws with added protection in way of Blue locktite thread lock on assembly, I fail to see how this lot simply fell to bits? - Mike

I had one do the same thing. It lasted 1 day, the speaker grille with the suction mount attached separated from the cradle. I put it back and it was free rolling with no 'ratchety' stops. I found the small insert fall to the floor of the car, put it all back in the box and exchanged it.

The replacement has a lot of slop / play in it that I didn't notice on the first one. I'm sure it's a day or two away from failure like the other one.
The people in the store are gonna look at me funny when I go back with this one broken in the same way.

Mike,

How they simply fell to bits is that there is clearly something wrong in the manufacture of them.
I like the mount and would buy it again. Though for $100.00, shouldn't be prone to falling apart with regular use.

One other problem the 2nd unit has that the first did not:
The locking wheel that you twist to mount it to the pad or windshield unlocks and backs off with the slightest bump, causing the whole thing to come loose. I have to give a twist towards the lock position every now & then.

I don't have mine secured to the the windscreen, my car kit is secured (screwed) to a Brodit Pro-Clip that forms part of the dash structure - very secure and doesn't fall off - Mike

No problems with mine ,mine is attached to the Brodit pad and is very secure and no problems with the swivel mechanism , I wonder if they will bring out a new type one for the Iphone 4 ??

Ask a Question