iphone 5 and 520

TomTom Model(s)
Hi,

Until the last two Tom Tom home updates, my iphone 5 was able to conect and upload and synch my phone address book via bluetooth.

Then after one mandatory tomtom home software update enforcing a software update on the 520, the tom tom now says "that feature is not available"

Tom Tom support UK just state that they do not support the iphone 5 (fair enough my tom tom is an older model) but why dumb down a feature that worked fine before resetting my home software and internal 520 software? If i had known that they are trying encourage me to purchase a newer version, i would have stopped using the auto update feature.

The bluetooth connection still works, but if anyone knows any work arounds that would be appreciated.

The alternative to try is does anyone have a link to download an older version of tom tom home, and 520 original software. That way i can possibly overwrite the current version(s) and bring back the lost functionalty.

Thanks

You can usually restore the TomTom to an earlier software version IF the bootloader didn't get updated too. You don't need an earlier version of Home for that, you can just install it manually.

But did you not make a backup before doing the update? ( you ALWAYS should do!) That's the easiest way of getting back to where you were if you don't like the changes.

If you can let us know what software version you were on before, we can find a download link for you, which will hopefully work if the bootloader is OK.

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your suggestion. Discovered i had backed up the 720 (not 520...) a couple of years back, It was not quite as exciting as watching paint dry, as it took 50minutes to restore, but worked as suggested, thanks.

I can now retrieve, and make hands free calls again with the iphone5.

Now i need to make a data connection so that i can use some of the data and message services i used to get when using my previous blackberry torch.

Thanks again

Alan

Ask a Question