info on 2435

I am trying to do some research into a new tomtom. I am looking at a GO 2435TM, does anyone know the Mhz of the chip, if it uses tomtom home vs the web based update applet, and if it has itinerary planing.

I do not want it to have the update method or menu interface of a via, i do want it to have the planing speed of a 720 and I want to use tomtom home to update it. It also must have intermarry planing like the 720 and XL models do.

thanks for the info.

Then forget this model..........

You MUST use the MyTomTom interface.

You can use four waypoints in a trip but you CANNOT save the route as an Itinerary.

Its planning speed will be much faster than with a 720, though.

*sigh* ok, is there a list anywhere that will show me what tom toms allow itinerary planing? the tomtom home thing is more a preference than anything. i just hate the new mytomomt interface they made. The VIA and XL/XXL series are much slower than my 720, I am trying to find a newer tomtom that has the same speed as a 720 but newer feature set. do they even make such a device?

I am trying to find a newer tomtom that has the same speed as a 720 but newer feature set. do they even make such a device?
Nope. That's why some of us are hanging on to our older units rather tightly. The GO740 was the last of the 400MHz units, and it's not quite as fast as one would hope even then. They also dropped some of the 720/730 features on that one, but it does still support itinerary planning as you've come to know it.

I think i have found what i want. the 940, but i cant find it anywhere online to buy. i can however find the 930, does the 930 have itinerary planing? its not on that excel sheet i was given.

I think i have found what i want. the 940, but i cant find it anywhere online to buy. i can however find the 930, does the 930 have itinerary planing? its not on that excel sheet i was given.
Yes. All of the "GO" series that pre-date the new 10.X firmware units do itinerary planning.

Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any new units still available of that range. You probably don't need the 940 (vs. 740) unless you wanted the additional European maps and needed the inertial sensors for traveling in tunnels. Those are the two big differences between the 940 (none in the U.S.) and the 740.

If you look around, you may find a 740 for sale used, but I doubt you'll see very many new ones at this point. The nice part about the 740 is the Live feature that the 720 and 730 did not have. But you do lose MP3, audio out and a few other things along the way.

this whole experience has left me very frustrated. i loved tomtom back in the day, just a few years ago they had everything i could have ever wanted. now i feel like tomtom has thrown out everything that made them great and dumbed them selves down to a second rate competitor to garmen :(

does the 930 have itinerary planing? its not on that excel sheet i was given.
Oh yes it is...
It's on the 'discontinued models' page
Column Q:
GO 520/530
GO 720/730
GO 920/930

Rows 43 and 44:
Itinerary Planning - Yes, 48 waypoints
Itinerary Saving - Yes

Ask a Question