Infected site?

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Lately I have been getting a lot of "redirection" when clicking on a forum topic. It always takes me to a site that tells me my puter is infected and that I should do their "free" virus check.

It does it on my work puter too, so its not just something with my home puter. Seems to only do it once per site visit.

Anyone else notice this?

Cheers!

Yes, I have seen the same thing twice yesterday, if you see it happen again try and make a note of any Google adds on the page you are moving from and let us know which one was on the page at the time - Mike

Happened to me yesterday and the other day as well.

Heed Mike's advice and I'll try to do the same if it happens again.

New tab in IE8

I typed the forum URL into a new tab on IE8 and got the redirect warning as I started scrolling down the page. The only other open tab was my ISP's web email page. This redirection is new since I haven't seen it before today.

Yes, this sounds like an advert to me. -Can you let me know what the ad at the bottom of the page and the ad on the right-hand side of the page are when you see them please. It will be one of them causing the issue.

These are not Google ads, but ads from a different company i have used for the past year and a bit. I therefore need to find out what the ads are so i can get them to disable them.

I cannot seem to replicate the issue at the moment.

Well, all of a sudden it happened again tonight. My screen appeared to freeze and then the crap about being infected showed up. I did NOT see any ad that triggered it BUT at the top of the weird screen showing the 'infection', I did see this ip address: 217.23.5.205.

Now, what relevance that has, I don't know.

Here is further information, Rob.

NL
IP address country: Netherlands
IP address state: Zuid-Holland
IP address city: Maasdijk
IP address latitude: 51.8000
IP address longitude: 4.4667
ISP of this IP [?]: WorldStream
Organization: WorldStream
Local time in Netherlands: 2010-02-23 00:25

As soon as I logged onto the forum I was redirected.

No ad

Just the same info dhn just supplied.

I generally have to do the ctl alt del thing to get rid of it.

Cheers

Did it again with me earlier when I clicked the popup message about viewing a new PM in a new window it went straight to the supposed virus checker, the URL it re-directs to is www1.readyto-scanandclean.in........ this page then tries to get you to load "packupdate_build_302.exe"

Not too sure if this helps? - Mike

Again tonight.

Details:

IP address [?]: 178.32.68.65 [Copy][Whois] [Reverse IP]
IP country code: FR
IP address country: France
IP address state: Nord-Pas-de-Calais
IP address city: Roubaix
IP address latitude: 50.7000
IP address longitude: 3.1667
ISP of this IP [?]: Ovh Systems
Organization: Ovh Systems

I received the same thing last nite on another site, I was ready to shut down for the nite and did just that, logged on this morning and ran all my virius programs and up to this time tonite PST 09:12pm have seen nothing today.........:confused:
Just forgot to mark response........lol

It happened to me 5 minutes ago. I shut it down immediately and logged in again with no problem. This is the third time in the four days.:confused:

Ask a Question