The TomTom Web Site

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ Routes Edition (UK & ROI)
Is it me, or does anyone else have a problem with the TomTom Web Site. Whenever I visit it I seem to be sent round in circles, and never seem to be able to get to where I want to be.

I presume you mean tomtom.com with the country flag set to UK. If so, where in the site are you having issues with?

When I visit the site there is no login box. If I click on MyTomTom I cannot get to my account etc. It suggests that I download TomTom Home (which I already have).
My TomTom device is the XL IQ Routes - do I have to have it connected to my computer and access my account from there?

No, you don't need to have a device connected to go to the website. Have you tried a different browser? Is your computer up to date for Flash and Java??

If you follow dhn's suggestion, you should end up with a screen like this:

Screen049.png

You are using HOME instead of MyTomTom but try to tap the green button and use your user name and password.
You should get redirected.

I have no problems in getting on to this Forum. My problem is that I get taken round in circles when I try and access my account on the TomTom website. I tried again today and the screen shows my name at the top whilst asking for me to log in or create an account - crazy. Someone seriously needs to sort this site out to make it user friendly (or even usable !).

And if you carry on (IGNORING the Create Account stuff) and click on a link such as 'Products' or 'Support', what happens?

I get this screen - back to beginning and not shown as logged in !!!

Attachments

• Capture-2.JPG
    Capture-2.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 372
Cookies disabled by any chance?

For dhn
Just phoned them - they cannot access my details at the moment due to problems with the site. I'll phone back later.

For Canderston
Cookies are at default so shouldn't pose a problem.

Well, try clearing your browser cache and clearing the cookies, anyway. See what happens. <---This advice from TomTom people.

When it says Welcome Eric, what happens when you click the green MyTomTom.
You should then be asked for your password.

Ask a Question