How to turn the unit "OFF"?

How to turn the unit "OFF"?

Read through many posts and found TT1 will continue to drain battery power even it is off.

Is there a way to turn the unit off? ( I mean stop draining the battery power)
Is there a way to turn off the GPS signal when indoor? ( like Garmin )

thanks,

ps; main reason been, I hate power cord hanging over my center console.
And Tomtom one's 1100mAh is really pathetic.
________
Lefemdelacroix

Attachments

• battery.JPG
    battery.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
Wow thats a sad little battery. I have no problems with my one draining the battery. Mine mostly stays plugged in while in the car then just sits on my desk while at home. Do you use yours on battery a lot or something?

I know that if you turn the soft power off then pop the memory card off it resets itself or something, so maybe it turns itself off a little more that way.

-Sean

Thanks for the reply.

I just hate the power cord hanging there. Any my car's "cigarette" plug power off when key is not on ignition.

I was able to replace my Garmin C330's battery to 2600mAh battery from its 1700mAh and last me entire week w/out problem. (average 1 hour per day).

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp

But I can't find any 3.7V battery able to fit into back of TT1. :(

I will try to remove the SD card for now... thanks,
________
AlexxaDream

Last edited:
Read through many posts and found TT1 will continue to drain battery power even it is off.

Is there a way to turn the unit off? ( I mean stop draining the battery power)
Is there a way to turn off the GPS signal when indoor? ( like Garmin )

thanks,

ps; main reason been, I hate power cord hanging over my center console.
And Tomtom one's 1100mAh is really pathetic.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Did you open up your ONE?!?!??!!? we have been DYING to see pics of the inside!!! If you still have it open or have more pics, please share!!!

Mind if I host these images so we can see thim in to furom page instead of having to open each one?

cool thanks! send any more you wish to share direct to my email so we don't end up double posting and cluttering the forums up.

you'll be getting full credit with the new post I make in about 10 minutes.

thanks again for the pics! (haven't looked at these lateset ones yet)

The dell axim x5 has a 3.7v 2000mah battery that MIGHT be small enough to shoehorn into the one. I couldnt find a good picture of the battery to find out for sure. Either way I dont think 2kmah is worth $81.22. Maybe something on ebay though.

http://www.electronicplus.com/content/ProductPage.asp?maincat=cb&subcat=cb

Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit.
Tomtom 1's battery "socket" area only measure 50mmx35mmX5mm.
Even if I can modified the pin, only battery I think able to fit in there are Motorola Razr, A1200 batteries. (but again, it only top out at 810mAh)
________
Club Royal Condominium

Last edited:
That sucks. I'm glad I dont use my tt one for walking around much. I mostly use my garmin etrex legend for things like hiking and cycling... so on such forth.

I guess you could always build or buy an external battery pack. That would get quite bulky though.

-Sean

Ask a Question