unit turning on

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 125
Out of no where my tomtom is turning on by itself. I have it sitting on top of my entertainment center and once every 2 weeks or so it will just turn on all by itself. At first I thought the wife was leaving it on but she swore she turned it off. Yesterday I saw it for myself happen. Is there known glitch in my unit.

This is a known issue with some devices, if your TomTom has a hardware reset switch in the base of the device simply press that and it won't switch on of its own accord, if your unit has a soft reset by holding the on/ off switch for around 15 seconds there is little you can do - A reset won't wipe any settings or data it simply stops the processor - Mike

Thanks for the quick reply and answer. I have no reset button on bottom, just the on/off button on the top of unit. You think tomtom would have some sort of firmware update to address this issue.

One other thing to try then is press the on/ off switch and keep it pressed whilst the device re-boots when you get to the black screen with lots of white text on it release the button, depress the on/ button with one short press to switch it off and it should be fully off and not start up of its own accord (this seems to work on some devices but not all - worth a try though), when you switch it back on following the above it should need a longish press of the on/ off switch and start up should be accompanied with a drum roll, no drum roll means it wasn't fully off - Mike

Ask a Question