How to remove TomTom adhesive??

I didn't like the height/look of the TomTom adhesive disk mount on top of my dashboard so I ordered and installed the vent mounted proclip. Now I'm left with this adhesive disk on the dash. Before I try the hair dryer and dental floss, followed by goof-off, I was wondering if anyone else could tell me a successful (or unsuccessful) method of removing the sticky disk from the dash...

thanks
Scott
ps - for those who are not aware of it, the hairdryer and dental floss are the preferred method for "debadging" the exterior of a car.

I didn't like the height/look of the TomTom adhesive disk mount on top of my dashboard so I ordered and installed the vent mounted proclip. Now I'm left with this adhesive disk on the dash. Before I try the hair dryer and dental floss, followed by goof-off, I was wondering if anyone else could tell me a successful (or unsuccessful) method of removing the sticky disk from the dash...

thanks
Scott
ps - for those who are not aware of it, the hairdryer and dental floss are the preferred method for "debadging" the exterior of a car.

Your approach is exactly what I would recommend....

Did you remove the disk? How did it go?

I was going to say that when I used Goof Off on the dash in my Tahoe (grey) it removed the color and I had spots of black where I used it.

I was going to say that when I used Goof Off on the dash in my Tahoe (grey) it removed the color and I had spots of black where I used it.
I haven't done it yet -- will probably do it this weekend (and take pictures of my proclip mount that replaces the disk). I'm concerned about removing the color also so I'll try something more mild than goof off first and post my results...

I removed it just now. The hair dryer helped, the dental floss was so/so. Basically after warming up the disk a bit I was able to pop it off and it left the adhesive disk mostly behind. I was able to rub that off with my fingers while sometimes using the hair dryer. It took a fair amount of rubbing but it all came off. I got scared to use goof-off based on your comments.

Ask a Question