How to move a gas station

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920T
I can move just about any other POI, but gas stations are still a mystery to me. Firmware 7.221; gas price subscription installed. Failed attempts:

1. Map Corrections -> Correct a map error -> Edit POI -> POI along route -> FuelStations -> Find by distance: No POI found!
2. Map Corrections -> Correct a map error -> Edit POI -> POI along route -> Any POI category -> "Chevron"/"76"/"Shell"/"Arco": No POI found!
3. Map Corrections -> Correct a map error -> Report other error -> POI -> FuelStations -> Find by distance: No POI found!
4. Map Corrections -> Correct a map error -> Report other error -> POI -> POI near destination -> (more) -> POI category: Fuel (no maches)/Gas (no matches)
5. Map Corrections -> Correct a map error -> Report other error -> POI -> POI in city -> "Sunnyvale" -> FuelStations -> Find by distance: No POI found!

What's the trick?

I can move just about any other POI, but gas stations are still a mystery to me. Firmware 7.221; gas price subscription installed. Failed attempts:

1. Map Corrections -> Correct a map error -> Edit POI -> POI along route -> FuelStations -> Find by distance: No POI found!
2. Map Corrections -> Correct a map error -> Edit POI -> POI along route -> Any POI category -> "Chevron"/"76"/"Shell"/"Arco": No POI found!
3. Map Corrections -> Correct a map error -> Report other error -> POI -> FuelStations -> Find by distance: No POI found!
4. Map Corrections -> Correct a map error -> Report other error -> POI -> POI near destination -> (more) -> POI category: Fuel (no maches)/Gas (no matches)
5. Map Corrections -> Correct a map error -> Report other error -> POI -> POI in city -> "Sunnyvale" -> FuelStations -> Find by distance: No POI found!

What's the trick?
It's easiest to do when you're sitting right at the station. Is that possible?

It's easiest to do when you're sitting right at the station. Is that possible?

Occasionally. I'm a GasBuddy spotter so the more common thing for me to do is mark the location of an error, and when I'm at my desk, enter the correction at the same time I'm logging a gas price.

If I were sitting at the gas station, what would I do differently?

Occasionally. I'm a GasBuddy spotter so the more common thing for me to do is mark the location of an error, and when I'm at my desk, enter the correction at the same time I'm logging a gas price.

If I were sitting at the gas station, what would I do differently?
It's just easier to find it on the list because it will be first if you're sitting right in front of it. "POI near me" instead of POI along route.

It's just easier to find it on the list because it will be first if you're sitting right in front of it. "POI near me" instead of POI along route.

At the moment, "POI along route" returns nothing found. ...but I'll try pulling into the gas station next time and seeing whether "POI near me" jogs its memory a bit.

At the moment, "POI along route" returns nothing found. ...but I'll try pulling into the gas station next time and seeing whether "POI near me" jogs its memory a bit.
If you're sitting in front of it, it should be first on the list, if it's included on your POI database

If you're sitting in front of it, it should be first on the list, if it's included on your POI database

Tried that today. As long as I'm right at it, it does show the gas station on the list, within 2-3 entries. I think part of the trick too is not to rely on the Fuel Stations category. Since I have a gas price subscription, gas stations are treated as a custom POI with limited capabilities. Seems like only internal POIs show up "along route."

Tried that today. As long as I'm right at it, it does show the gas station on the list, within 2-3 entries. I think part of the trick too is not to rely on the Fuel Stations category. Since I have a gas price subscription, gas stations are treated as a custom POI with limited capabilities. Seems like only internal POIs show up "along route."
Hmmm, ok. I didn't know that, I'm using a ONE NE

Ask a Question