How to Merge POIs?

TomTom Model(s)
One LE
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I want to learn if there is a way to merge POIs. I own a TomTom ONE LE.

Here are a few questions.

1. Is it possible to copy and paste a POI from one category to another within TomTom? Many times, I want to add a certain POI on one of my own categories, but like to learn how to do this easier than having to type it in manually.
    _
  2. Is there a way to merge a lot of POIs from one category to another category? I have a user created category called Catholic Churches. I want to know if there is a way to merge all those POIs, into TomTom's Places of Worship category--this way it can be shared and updated by other TomTom users.
    _
  3. Is there a way to add POIs to TomTom default categories? I can't seem to find the OV2 file for those default categories.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I want to learn if there is a way to merge POIs. I own a TomTom ONE LE.

1. Is it possible to copy and paste a POI from one category to another within TomTom? Many times, I want to add a certain POI on one of my own categories, but like to learn how to do this easier than having to type it in manually.
    _
  2. Is there a way to merge a lot of POIs from one category to another category? I have a user created category called Catholic Churches. I want to know if there is a way to merge all those POIs, into TomTom's Places of Worship category--this way it can be shared and updated by other TomTom users.
    _
  3. Is there a way to add POIs to TomTom default categories? I can't seem to find the OV2 file for those default categories.

See if this link in a Brit forum has info you need; I think it does: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=61295&highlight=merge

Thank you. Those instructions were exactly what I was looking for. That answers questions #2 and #3 above.

Now just need an answer for question #1 -- Anyone?

If you want to replicate a single POI in a custom category you can:
  1. browse the map
  2. press "find", and then find the POI you want to replicate
  3. then press the blue "crosshairs" button and choose "add poi"
  4. the default name for the new POI will be the same as the name of the POI that you found in step 2

The above steps may not be exactly correct, as I don't have my TT with me, but I did this very thing just a few days ago, so it should be close.

Thanks Mike, yes, I was able to figure it out with your explanation. This is what I do now:

1. go to Change Preferences
  2. go to 2 of 7
  3. select Manage POIs
  4. select Add POI
  5. select POI category
  6. select POI under Add as POI menu
  7. do a search of an existing POI on my TomTom (i.e. hotels, restaurants, etc)
  8. then just proceed in selecting the POI you find, don't need to rename the name, just keep on pressing OK, same for the phone number if included, then press Done at the end, if you don't plan merge another POI into another POI category.

Admins and Mods -- consider this topic SOLVED

Last edited:

Ask a Question