Merge/Move Favorites and POIs

I originally had a 128MB SD Card with only regional or individual state maps. I created many Favorites and POIs. I now have a 1GB SD Card and want to load all of North America or the USA and merge or move my favorites...TomTom tech support tells me there is no way to merge or move my favorites and POIs to the new directory and have it work properly.

Does anyone know how I might accomplish this? FYI...I'm a computer consultant and have no problem manipulating files.

Try this...

For the Favourites, copy the .cfg file.
The POIs (that you yourself added) are in 2 parts: an .ov2 file and a .bmp file with the same name.
Copy them first to your hard drive, then into the map folder of your new card.

Pedro, thanx for the response. I believe the problem will be I have different named .cfg and .ov2 files with data relative to the maps in their respective folders. The .bmp files are a no-brainer since they don't contain any data, just an image.

Here's the issue with maps as follows:

FOLDER: FILES:
Pennsylvania-Maps ..... Pennsylvania.cfg, Clients.ov2, Properties.ov2, etc.
NJ_NY_CT-Maps .........NJ_NY_CT.cfg, Clients.ov2, Properties.ov2, etc.
CA_NV-Maps...............CA_NV.cfg, Clients.ov2, Properties.ov2, etc.

Would like to load North_America-Maps and copy all of my .cfg, .ov2 (favs, POIs) files. I suppose I can try the old DOS copy/combine command of filename+filename filename (Pennsylvania.cfg+NJ_NY_CT.cfg North_America.cfg), but not sure this will work.

Has anyone tried this? Is there a TomTom emulation program that I can try on my PC before fooling around with my TomTom Classic?

I haven't tried this, but I would say backing up your device before you run any tests.
Good luck.

Ask a Question