How to cancel a route before arrival at destination

Jim

Hi all,
Just got my TT one today.
Immediately plugged it in and took a trip. AWESOME!

I set up a route using the street address and it led me right to the house.

Now here's my problem, when I got to my destination, because of the driveway location, the TT one didn't complete the route, ---so--- on my return home, it kept trying to route me back to my destination.

Eventually I just created a new route (back home), but there must be a simpler way to cancel a route. I've been through all the menus but I can't find it.

Question #2
How do I delete a favorite? or edit one? (ok, that's 3 questions :) )

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Oh yeah.... it's a TT one new edition version 6.5

To cancel a route go into the main menu there should be an option called clear route. It should be on the third page.

If you don't have that option go to 'change preferences' and look for an option called 'show more options', the clear route option should now appear in the main menu.

To edit a favourite, go into 'change preferences' and look for the option 'manage favourites'. It will list all your favourites, tap on it and you will be given the option to delete it or rename.

there was a time when I was as quick as digital to answer these questions... no point in posting more than that! :D

There is a way to create a new menu with that option on the first screen, if you want to.
But that's for latter, there are more important things to learn.:D
One question though, why you don't just shut the darn thing off ?

If you shut your unit off before reaching to a destination and the next day turn it on, it will continue your route until you clear it.

No "Show More Options" Menu

I too came to this forum in search of a way to cancel a route on my new TomTom XL. I was excited to see an answer, however, there is no "Show More Options" menu under my preferences menu! It is mind-boggling that there is no "Cancel Route" button available by default! And it seems it doesn't exist at all on mine.

-Ben

I too came to this forum in search of a way to cancel a route on my new TomTom XL. I was excited to see an answer, however, there is no "Show More Options" menu under my preferences menu! It is mind-boggling that there is no "Cancel Route" button available by default! And it seems it doesn't exist at all on mine.

-Ben

I'm not sure on the differences between a ONE XL and a 330 XL but I know that when I used to have my ONE XL, I did have a "Clear Route" option. If I didn't have that option, I'd go crazy. Not sure why it wouldn't be on the 330 XL

How do you abort or cancel atrip?

I have a TomTom XL330 that appears to have NO WAY TO CANCEL OR ABORT A TRIP. I have searched the Forums and find some acknowledgement of the problem but no answers as how to cancel a trip short of turning it off. The most anoying part is that even that does not abort the trip. Does anyone ever actually try this stuff?
HOW DO YOU ABORT OR CANCEL ATRIP? Any help will be most appreciated. (e-mail address removed) :confused:

In the route summary screen after a route is calculated, do you have a 'clear route' button at the bottom of the screen?

Top the bottom centre of the main nav screen and you will see the route summary screen where the Route Cancel button is available, this works while navigating a route rather than just when planning - Mike

The XL330 has a really weird location for cancel route. First, go to preferences and set it to show all menu options. Then "clear route" will show up in one of the last pages of the main menu.

In newer models (app 8.4 or later) the clear route button was moved to the summary screen described by Mikealder and dhn. But that won't apply to you.

Hi all,
Just got my TT one today.
Immediately plugged it in and took a trip. AWESOME!

I set up a route using the street address and it led me right to the house.

Now here's my problem, when I got to my destination, because of the driveway location, the TT one didn't complete the route, ---so--- on my return home, it kept trying to route me back to my destination.

Eventually I just created a new route (back home), but there must be a simpler way to cancel a route. I've been through all the menus but I can't find it.

Question #2
How do I delete a favorite? or edit one? (ok, that's 3 questions :) )

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Oh yeah.... it's a TT one new edition version 6.5
Hello I had this problem too, got to Gatwick ok, but could not clear the route for the return journy, it took me a couple of days to find the answer so here it is, at the bottom of Route bar is a circle with an arrow with a line through it (number 8 on the attached image) this is the clear route button, why they did'nt put it as an option under the three dots bottom left is a mystrey, that where you would find it on a tomtom sat nav. hope it helps

Attachments

• ClearRout8.jpg
    ClearRout8.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 11
Hello I had this problem too, got to Gatwick ok, but could not clear the route for the return journy, it took me a couple of days to find the answer so here it is, at the bottom of Route bar is a circle with an arrow with a line through it (number 8 on the attached image) this is the clear route button, why they did'nt put it as an option under the three dots bottom left is a mystrey, that where you would find it on a tomtom sat nav. hope it helps
Hi

You are responding to a message from 2007
Deleting a route on a Tomtom One is not the same as deleting a route as you show in your image.

Hi

You are responding to a message from 2007
Deleting a route on a Tomtom One is not the same as deleting a route as you show in your image.
This is how to delete the route on the TOM Tom go App for android

Ask a Question