Cancelling route in progress, etc.

Two things I miss that I used to have on my car GPS are:

1- To cancel a route I was presently following, I hit a button called " Suspend Guidance" and route was aborted. How can I suspend a route in progress on my TT 340XL-S?

2 - If I was at a location and i want to instantly add it to my 'favorites' I hit a button called "Mark". It would but the location in memory and you could add the name when you stopped. Can I mark a location with my TomTom?

Pete

Two things I miss that I used to have on my car GPS are:

1- To cancel a route I was presently following, I hit a button called " Suspend Guidance" and route was aborted. How can I suspend a route in progress on my TT 340XL-S?

2 - If I was at a location and i want to instantly add it to my 'favorites' I hit a button called "Mark". It would but the location in memory and you could add the name when you stopped. Can I mark a location with my TomTom?

Pete

1. To Cancel the current route, on page 3 of the main menu, 'Clear Route'.

2. Preferences-->Quick Menu preferences-->Check 'Add position to favorites'. Then, when you want to add the current location, just tap the quick menu icon and then add position to favorites.

dhn - I think I have figured it out....

- Hit " Navigate To" on page 1 of menu. Present route will be displayed. The choices shown are:
1 - Details
2 - Clear Route
3 - Done

- Hit ' CLEAR ROUTE'

Pete

Another option that should work is if you tap the bottom center of the screen the device presents a route summary screen with the clear route button in the middle, at least the newer European XL and One devices behave this way - Mike

Another option that should work is if you tap the bottom center of the screen the device presents a route summary screen with the clear route button in the middle, at least the newer European XL and One devices behave this way - Mike
When tapping the bottom of the screen my 930 displays
[Details] [Find alternative] [Done]

Your 930 has the full menu available to it, the One and some XL models don't have a full menu set so certain functions like clear route can be selected by other short cuts such as the one I mentioned above, don't think your 930 is faulty, it isn't - Mike

Your 930 has the full menu available to it, the One and some XL models don't have a full menu set so certain functions like clear route can be selected by other short cuts such as the one I mentioned above, don't think your 930 is faulty, it isn't - Mike
Mike,
I know my device is not faulty. I was just explaining what displays in that case on a 930, in case others would wonder.
Arno

Clear route was moved from the main menu in app 8.3 and earlier, to the route summary screen (accessible by clicking the satelite bars) in app 8.4.

The GO models and the ONE/XL models released prior to 2009 are on the older application. The 2009 ONE/XL models (140/340 in North America) are on the newer application.

I suspect all the new Fall 2009 devices will have the newer application with the new clear route location, but none have been released yet.

Clear route was moved from the main menu in app 8.3 and earlier, to the route summary screen (accessible by clicking the satelite bars) in app 8.4..
That is a more sensible location.
So we got something to look forward to in the next OS upgrade.
Thanks.

Ask a Question