route cancellation.

TomTom Model(s)
GO740 live
I just bought GO 740 live and on my very first trip I had to turn around. I tried to cancel my route without any success.
I read the manual and I still don't know how to cancel a route . Must be pretty easy I just can't get it.

The other thing is i noticed a small triangle in a circle in the left lower corner of the screen. This triangle rotates up and down , left and right. What is that. ? Once after tapping, this type of triangles showed up again in different color , green , red. The manual is not much of a help. Can somebody help me out or give me directions where I can find more detailed info on this device? Dan

On the 3rd page of the main menu, I believe, is where you'll find the 'Clear Route' icon. That's what you're looking for.

I suspect the triangle you are seeing is the compass pointing North as you drive. As you switch directions, so will the compass as it points to where N is.

I checked it again, no clear "route option" Neither in preferences nor in the online manual
I'll keep on eye on that triangle , could be compass altough no mention of it anywhere. Dan

Found that "clear route" After an address was entered. Looks like step by step I can learn it. I had Nuvi before . That brand is more user friendly , one can use it without any learning curve. Dan

I just bought GO 740 live and on my very first trip I had to turn around. I tried to cancel my route without any success.
I read the manual and I still don't know how to cancel a route . Must be pretty easy I just can't get it.

The other thing is i noticed a small triangle in a circle in the left lower corner of the screen. This triangle rotates up and down , left and right. What is that. ? Once after tapping, this type of triangles showed up again in different color , green , red. The manual is not much of a help. Can somebody help me out or give me directions where I can find more detailed info on this device? Dan

When you said you tried to cancel your route, we all assume that you did have your destination, then Clear Route is what you need to tap to, like the name of it, clear the route.
If there is no destination input, that button will be greyed out.

The small triangle in a circle in the lower left corner is the compass, which always points North.

Yes, I agree with you, Garmin is far more user friendly as I said b4, it's so simple that every one can operate. In the other hands, Tomtom is far more complicated as features buried deep inside, it is for more advanced users. Have fun playing with your Tomtom.
May I ask, have you find out how to increase / decrease the speaker volume yet?

Ask a Question