cancel route?

I have a tomtom one 3rd edition that I just purchased. I am unable to cancle a route before reaching the destination. From what I have read there should be button to cancel, at least on older models. I do not have all the menus, and do not have the button to show all menus. Did they leave that out on this model?

Last edited:
If there is no cancel button then I will be taking it back and getting my money back. What good is a navigation device that won't shut up when you change your mind? I really liked it until I couldn't get it to stop telling me where to go when I no longer wanted to go there. What good are all the little extra features when it can't do something basic. Guess I will look at Garmin or some other brand.

There are other TomTom models that do have the Cancel Route icon, of course. Besides, the Go Series of 7x and 9x models, TomTom just released in the States (today) the 140, 140S, 340 and 340S models.

See a review here

I understand if the higer up models have more options, and that I got the low end model. But I can't believe that they would not give the cancel button just to get me to buy a better model. That should be a basic button. I will do some research and shop around before I buy. Maybe the other brands low end models are like that too... guess I will find out.

You don't go any more low end than my model, the One 125, and it seems that I can remember cancelling a route. I'll check it out tomorrow and post what I find.

Step 1:
Menu -> Change Preferences -> Next Screen -> Next Screen -> Show all menu options

Step 2:
Menu -> Next Screen -> Next Screen -> Clear Route

On the One Third Edition page two of the main menu top right corner is where you will find "Clear Route" however it will be greyed out unless you have a route planned, and might be missing if you are running a custom menu on the device, the command line for clear route with a custom menu is:

MENUITEM|TASK_DELETE_ROUTE|

- Mike

I don't believe that Tomtom leave out that Clear Route option for any of their GPS products. Gotta be there somwhere, if you don't see it on the third page of Main Menu, then try going into Change Preferences, click all the way to "Show All Menu"

I have a TT 3rd edition. The 'clear route' should be there on the second page.
  • tap screen
  • tap right arrow
  • should see 'clear route'
I moved 'clear route' to the first page to be more handy for me.

As 'mikealder' says, if you have no route planned when you go to pg 2, it will be grayed out.

Ok. I hit the reset button last night, and also reset to factory settings with the plan on taking it back (didn't want my info in it). Today I look at it, and there it is on the second menu page clearly labeled "clear route". I am 100% sure is wan't there before. Not sure what was wrong, but it is there now. So it looks like I will be keeping it after all. Thanks for the help.

Seems you found the cancel route button but I was simply going to add that I found it on my son's unit as indicated.

Ok. I hit the reset button last night, and also reset to factory settings with the plan on taking it back (didn't want my info in it). Today I look at it, and there it is on the second menu page clearly labeled "clear route". I am 100% sure is wan't there before. Not sure what was wrong, but it is there now. So it looks like I will be keeping it after all. Thanks for the help.

In preferences, there is an option to hide some menu items. If the preference is selected, the "clear route" option is hidden.

If you are in the hide menu item mode, and you still want to clear a route, you can navigate to some faraway state, and while it is calculating select cancel. That also clears the route.

Ask a Question