How to add missing street

I have lived in my new subdivision for 4 years now, and my road has been in existence for more than 5 years. I've tried the "add missing street" function in TT, to no avail. It does not make that street available in my TT, let alone in MapShare corrections.

I noticed that Canada data for TT is provided by DMTI Spatial. Should I call them to make sure they add my street? Or is there a better way to get my street on my TT? It is frustrating because I can never navigate HOME, since my TT can't navigate off a paved street!!! :(

Thanks for the help!

JF

DMTI Spacial has not provided Canadian mapping to TomTom for over 4 years, regardless of what you see in the copyright notice (and trust me, DMTI is NOT pleased that their company name still shows).

You can just report a new street to TomTom using mapshares and hope it'll be included in a new map. Physical changes like that can't get included for current maps.

For your situation, you could show your current position as Home but the problem is that you can't get a route planned from an off (current) road map.

Best you can do is make your Home position the closest location on a marked road.

Ask a Question