How I fixed my No Maps Found

I am writing to help you guys out there.
I have bought TomTom Go 750 Live Satnav July 2011. Pre-loaded with with Europe maps. Everyone here has had some problem with map updates.
I had the same problem but managed to get it fixed myself on a Saturday when there was no help to call when TomTom help center is closed.

**This is only applicable to NEW DEVICES when your mapupdates are Free after 30 days purchase**.
Advices:
1) Buy TomTom WITH SD CARD memory. Map updates are too large for internal memory.
2) Download TomTom Home as suggested in the guide.
3)Backup your TomTom FIRST THING via the backup option in TomTom Home without SD card.
4)Insert SD card and RESTORE into memory card so TomTom Home will recognise the card
5)Go to tools and search for new map updates.
6)Download and install map update.
7)PROBLEM: It may come out as no maps found in your device later. WARNING, when map updated in TomTom, the old map will be auto deleted- That is why you need to backup first thing.
8)Solutions:
a) INSTALL the NEW TOMTOM programme update, found in TomTom Home via Update my Device. (The new Europe map update only can be read with the new programme update) -(By this time my TomTom works perfectly). OR
b) Press power button 15-20secs to reset the whole TomTom device OR WORST CASE SCENARIO>>
c) Go to your TomTom folder in the computer, you can find the updated map in "download" folder. Copy the updated map to desktop (so you won't lose the file) and then delete the "Download" folder. Rename the FromDevice folder.
You then delete the new map from your SD card. ***Now you have no maps in ur SD Card or your TomTom*** Take out your SD card and plug in the TOMTOM only to TOMTOM Home and RESTORE. Now you are back to square one with you pre-loaded Europe map. (Better than no maps at all).
d) You can redownload your updated maps again. This is done as the downloaded file initially might be interrupted, therefore showing "no maps found".

Hope this helps.

One thing I have noticed over and over again with my sd card is when the card is inserted my PC recognises that I have two devices when one is 1.8Mb the TT620 itself.. and the other is close to 4Mb ( the SD card) .. right? now the sd card is called internal and the other is extenal..? the program or the software gets switched and the device I want to backup is the other..

in other words I call for the internal to be restored and the SD card gets touched .. I call for external and the internal gets touched .. am I the only one this occurs for?

No your not the only one affected by this, TomTom Home seems to do as it pleases when it comes to which storage location it uses irrespective of the selection made by the user - Mike

3)Backup your TomTom FIRST THING via the backup option in TomTom Home without SD card.
4)Insert SD card and RESTORE into memory card so TomTom Home will recognise the card

NO!

We always recommend you use Windows Explorer / Mac Finder to make and restore all your backups. Home is just too unreliable to trust for this vital step.

Ask a Question