How do i find the address of a POI?

Yesterday, I navigated to a coffee shop in Orange County, and my friend wanted join me, so naturally, I looked on my tomtom to find the address so i can give it to him. I could not figure out how to get the address of a poi displayed on the screen. The tomtom could navigate there, but it won't display the address for you. I had to ask the waitress for the address, even though i was able to navigate there on my own. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, the built-in POI's don't have addresses stored, just their phone number. I hope this is something TT will change in the future.

You can either give him the GPS co-ordinates (if he has a PND) or give him the closest intersection.

use browse map for a work around

Yesterday, I navigated to a coffee shop in Orange County, and my friend wanted join me, so naturally, I looked on my tomtom to find the address so i can give it to him. I could not figure out how to get the address of a poi displayed on the screen. The tomtom could navigate there, but it won't display the address for you. I had to ask the waitress for the address, even though i was able to navigate there on my own. Any ideas?

I think I found a work around. browse the map and then find the current gps position or destination on the map. when you poke your finger on it, it will give you the street number and address, and sometimes the city too.

Nah, hes just talking about the normal thing you get when browsing a map if you click somewhere on the map. It gives you the nearest road name and possibly the house number(s).

Ask a Question