How do Fuel Prices work ?

Thanks for the feedback, Jeff.

Now, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents since things seem to be working for you.

Yes, I should do that again. I did it Saturday & that made it easy to see what was on it while we were talking over the weekend.

@dhn
Did you notice that "Canada Fuel Prices" item?
@Jeff
You've brought us something unexpected.
If I'm not mistaken, you've just created the beginning of a very, very interesting conversation. Tune back in and watch the fireworks!

I have never been offered Canada Fuel Prices for that model and will not be able to check for a few weeks as that device is on loan to friends travelling to the States.

We anxiously await it's return. I've never heard anyone speak of Canadian Fuel Prices before, either. This could be interesting (and long overdue).

Then why not in LIVE services, he asked ..........??

Just for laughs, I'll update my 720 tomight and see if it's offered there.

Might confuse your 720 since you'll find that "Services" still attempts to use the old Bluetooth "plus" method, even with current code - although I have no idea why. Still, will be interesting to see what it does.

Nope, just the usual suspects.......mapshares, gpsfix file.

If I click on TomTom Services, including Fuel Privces, I do get 'bluetooth has been disabled'.

So you are correct.

As an aside, it's frustrating to see 11 satellites locked on the 720 and, if I'm lucky, about half that number on the newer N3 devices with the cheapo gps chip :rant:

Just updated via TomTom Home & what was offered, & I DID NOT download, was actually called Canada Gas Stations.

So, today I got USA Fuel Prices *Regular* & USA_Canada_Mexico map corrections, only. My fuel prices still work.

When I installed Canada Gas Stations yesterday after getting my USA fuel prices to work, the Canada Gas Stations did indeed download & install it's own *.fpf files [there are quite a few] and disable my USA gas prices. Only cleaning all the Canadian files from the device & the PC & re-downloading the USA version got my fuel prices working again.

Ask a Question