Home says file not found

TomTom Model(s)
GO 740 Live
I tried last night and today to update my TT GO 740 and subscribe to the map update service but I cant seem to connect to the servers properly

I keep getting a "file not found error". The only only items that downloaded were gas prices and safety cameras. Gps fix and map share etc would not download and worse I can seem to sign up for MAp update service. I just got my GPS 2 months ago. TT home connects to the GPS fine.

Anyone else having issues with the server the last couple of days.

Where exactly are you seeing the "File Not Found" error? In Home?

When I got to install updates, Home starts the download and then errors out with File not found on server. This was still occuring as of 6am EST.

I can use Home to explorer my 740 but not download a thing...very strange

FWIW, I have had this issue with 2 brand new 740s purchased at Sam's

TT supervisors have only seen this issue once before.
I am completely unable to get access to Map Update Service... They have escalated the issue supposedly.

I have uninstalled app on the TT 740, on the computers. Tried Win 7 and WinXP computers and computers on 3 different internet connections(home and 2 works setups)

When I got to install updates, Home starts the download and then errors out with File not found on server. This was still occuring as of 6am EST.

I can use Home to explorer my 740 but not download a thing...very strange

Can you post the full text details of your "file not found" error (copy/paste if possible?) Maybe we can make more sense of it.

Check if your router has an option to disable activeX filtering? Map keys are cab files, and certain routers block them from being downloaded.

Ask a Question