Location in Home always says Computer

I have a list of items in the POI category. But all are shown as Location = Computer, and one can add them nand add them again and again, supposedly uploading them to the TT.
Is this a know bug ?
I would expect the Location to show Computer in some cases and Device in others, for those items that are in fact already installed on the device.

The Home app seems to be a very fragile piece of software, doesnt remember settings (Try to select country, then Add one single item (cause you cant add multiple), and when you get back it has forgotten your country setting, for example......)

Does there exist any other app for managing the TT ?

Or do people just use Explorer and copy files directly in to the device ?

Home at the best of times is seriously flawed.

Be that as it may, if you downloaded and installed pois from TomTom using Home, then indeed they (like everything else installed using Home) first gets downloaded to your computer, likely in a location here:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\pois\

and you may have installed the dl custom poi from there to your computer.

Well, it 'sees' them on your computer, because they are; that is no bug. Home doesn't go digging into the contents of your map folder on your unit, as far as I know. It knows if what map version is installed on your unit because it looks in the ttgo.bif file on your unit to see. But that's as far as it goes.

It's one of many issues with Home that when you disconnect your unit, you often have to reset your car icon and perhaps other settings on your unit.

Yes, we suggest ALWAYS making backups/restores using Explorer, not Home. In fact, you can download a map through Home (unavoidable) but not use Home for the install. There's a sticky here on how to do that)

Ask a Question