Tomtom home says I have latest version

Hi, just pciked up the Tomtom Go 720 on the weekend and have been playing not stop. Loaded up the Tomtom software on my PC and upgraded to the latest version of Tomtom home. When I go to the map guarentee section under the file menu, the software reports that I have the latest version installed.

My tomtom reports the version as North_America_2GB v705.1481 and I have firmware 7.221. Why doesn't the tomtom software show the 7.10 map? Any way to force the upgrade?

I tried searching in the forum.

Thanks.

Try doing a reset of the unit thru the reset hole and try again...hopefully that will solve your problem.

If not, you're going to have to contact TT Support. I believe I've read a couple posts about people scanning their receipt and sending it to TT Support through your My TomTom account to prove when you purchased the GPS... Then they make the map available to you to download through TTHome.
I've never done this myself, so if someone who has wants to correct me or provide more details - go for it! ;)

Finally worked

Tried again last night and after updateing a GPS fix the updated map finally became available. Not sure why it took 3 days and connecting about a dozen times before it worked, but all is good now.

Thanks for the replies.

If not, you're going to have to contact TT Support. I believe I've read a couple posts about people scanning their receipt and sending it to TT Support through your My TomTom account to prove when you purchased the GPS... Then they make the map available to you to download through TTHome.
I've never done this myself, so if someone who has wants to correct me or provide more details - go for it! ;)

I had to contact TT support for this since I have a mac and the most recent version of TTHome is 1.6 and there is no latest map guarantee. They basically verify that the map on the device is old, discuss with senior level (meaning on-hold time) then start a trouble ticket. After that they then ask for the serial number, then ask if you have a receipt and a scanner. Scan the receipt in and upload through my account on the website. More hold time, then they place it in your maps section of your account for download (good for 1 year).

Ask a Question