Is v675.1409 the latest version? TomTom home says it is.

NM clicked on several posts and found a similar one

Are you sure TomTom Home isn't just reporting that you have the latest version of the TomTom Home application? Or just that the Navcore OS on your TomTom is up to date (7.161)?

The US/Canada maps are up to 710.1575

for some reason, Home 2.1 is not showing the right maps as far as current.. I only learned of new maps from this forum.

I also have 675.1409.

So how do we get the updated map and do we have to pay for it even if our tomtom was purchased recently?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I purchased my XL in July but even now when I click on USE LATEST MAP GUARANTEE it says I have the latest map which is obviously not true :mad:.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I purchased my XL in July but even now when I click on USE LATEST MAP GUARANTEE it says I have the latest map which is obviously not true :mad:.

You'll have an uphill battle trying to get the maps for free since July was 4 months ago. Maybe tell them something about trusting their software to keep you up to date, etc. Of course that strategy will only work if a later version was released or already available within the 30-days of your purchase.

I'll give them a call tomorrow night and let my frustrations out then. They can at least offer the update at a reduced price. I paid the unit $500 at the time.

The street numbers on the main boulevard where I live are all off by about 400 meters and the POI are terrible. Starting to regret not buying the cheaper Garmin at the time.

Thanks again for all the info.

I'll give them a call tomorrow night and let my frustrations out then. They can at least offer the update at a reduced price. I paid the unit $500 at the time.

The street numbers on the main boulevard where I live are all off by about 400 meters and the POI are terrible. Starting to regret not buying the cheaper Garmin at the time.

Thanks again for all the info.
Yeah, 30 days is a joke, especially when it has been so long since they updated the maps. I am in basically the same situation as I bought mine on August 30th and did not start using it until after I received it, sometime in September. So a 90 day guarantee would probably cover me, but not 30 days.

The strangest thing is that TomTom HOME says we already have the latest map version, which is obviously not true. You would think at least it would say that there is a newer version but we are not entitled to a free upgrade. Then they could offer to let us buy the update.

I agree, though, nobody who bought in the last year should have to pay the full price for maps that have not been updated since well before that time.

Ask a Question