Home cannot connect to TomTom Server

I've noticed over the past few weeks that TomTom Home 1.6 will not login anymore. Has anyone else experienced that?

I've not used Home v1 for years.... any reason why you still wnt to use it?
(I realise it's still needed for certain models and software-only versions)

I've still got it on my PC though - I rejected all efforts by Home 2 to delete it!

So I just ran it, and sure enough, I couldn't log in with an existing account name either. But I *was* able to create a new account.

So I think you either need to contact TT Customer Support and see what they say (probably just to install Home 2 !) or maybe you could create a new user name and move your device onto that new account? (careful though, if you have any map subscriptions on the old account)

I've not used Home v1 for years.... any reason why you still wnt to use it?
(I realise it's still needed for certain models and software-only versions)

I've still got it on my PC though - I rejected all efforts by Home 2 to delete it!

So I just ran it, and sure enough, I couldn't log in with an existing account name either. But I *was* able to create a new account.

So I think you either need to contact TT Customer Support and see what they say (probably just to install Home 2 !) or maybe you could create a new user name and move your device onto that new account? (careful though, if you have any map subscriptions on the old account)

Yes I still use it because TomTom Home v2 is not compatible with my version of TomTom (Navigator 6 for Palm OS).

A few days later, for no real reason, it just started working. Not sure what changed.

Wow! Time warp!
9 months have passed... but still good to hear a reply! :)

Ask a Question