HOME cannot connect to the TomTom Server

I'm not sure why this is happening whenever I try to login thru TomTom HOME. Any thoughts? Below is the error report:

ERROR: 2152398878/#https://home.tomtom.com/redir/services: Error from server: HOME cannot connect to the TomTom server.
HOME cannot connect to the TomTom server.
Error code: 2152398878 (NS_ERROR_UNKNOWN_HOST)
URL: https://home.tomtom.com/redir/services
Severity: 1103
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:77
return new ServerError(message, status, uri, undefined, additionalInfo);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:392
this.cancelException = NetUtil.exceptionForStatusCode(this.request.channel.status, this.url.spec);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:278
this.request.onerror = function() { me._done(false); }

Time: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 00:57:51 GMT

That's nice. Perhaps they could be bothered to let us know, so we don't waste hours of time and become angry customers?
I think techguy is just pulling your chain. That said, we do sometimes wonder if they remember to pay the light bill. Servers were down today again in the U.S., too. CS says they've been having quite a struggle over the last few days.

I think techguy is just pulling your chain.
Yeah it seems that way! :)
Servers have been playing up for me over the last few days, I've been getting several different error messages here in Australia. Looks like they are all related to the server issues.

You're right. The interruptions are too frequent, often mid-day when I need Live services for work.

I've contacted them about the dreaded repeated Error 1008 message a couple of times and the support is extremely poor - the worst I've ever had from any technology company. If you don't reply to their support questions within 3 days it's all deleted !!!! What if you're away for a few days on business or holiday?!?

I think techguy is just pulling your chain. That said, we do sometimes wonder if they remember to pay the light bill. Servers were down today again in the U.S., too. CS says they've been having quite a struggle over the last few days.
The server unreliability nowadays means I can no longer rely on their services and am thinking of ditching TomTom after about 3 or 4 years of use. Such a shame as their Live services were a real breakthrough.

The new Go 1000 looks great but what's the use if it's unreliable? there are too many decent free or low cost sat nav solutions out there nowadays to put up with such poor service.

am thinking of ditching TomTom after about 3 or 4 years of use.
Yeah, I got the impression that you might be headed that way ... in the other 8 threads.

As has been suggested, you might want to try the recently released firmware.

Welcome to TomTomForums, BTW.

Ask a Question