Cannot install TomTom home

I bought a new tomtom one 125 se 2 days back. This didnt come with a cd. So downloaded the latest tomtom home (2.7.3.1894) from tomtom website. But i couldnt install.

When i tried to install (by double clicking), it does nothing. Doesnt give me any errors.

I am using windows xp sp3. Can someone tell me what could be wrong? I am clueless

Thanks
L

Check this.....

Start-->Run-->services.msc and in the window that pops up, scroll down to tomtomhomeservice.

Check that it is set to automatic and is running.

If no listing is shown, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Home application.

I had the same problem with TomTom Home not installing or doing anything when clicking on the installer.

Under the Windows Event Viewer-->System. I saw errors mentioning: SideBySide. Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT problem with it not being installed on my system.

I searched google and installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package. The TomTom Home installer then ran just fine.

So you may want to see if you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package installed or not under Add/Remove programs.

You can get Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package from here if you need it:

Download details: Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)

Hope that helps you.

Finally figured the pb. I installed Adobe reader and then I was able to install tomtom home.

Looks like some dependent dll was not included in the msi

Lakshmanan

thank you!

I installed the package and voila....tomtom home run inmediatly! Thank you very much:blabla::blabla::blabla:

I had the same problem with TomTom Home not installing or doing anything when clicking on the installer.

Under the Windows Event Viewer-->System. I saw errors mentioning: SideBySide. Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT problem with it not being installed on my system.

I searched google and installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package. The TomTom Home installer then ran just fine.

So you may want to see if you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package installed or not under Add/Remove programs.

You can get Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package from here if you need it:

Download details: Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)

Hope that helps you.

Ask a Question