Hi from new UK user of XL2

TomTom Model(s)
XL 2 IQ
Hi, just got an XL2 IQ Routes Edition satnav for Christmas, my first satnav.

Have only used it once so far, it worked fine and as expected. I'd read the reviews and noted problems re updating maps that were to big for the memory, but this must have related to European maps, I have stacks of space free, it has only UK and Ireland. I backed up first, both under Mac OS X Lion then Windows 7 via Boot Camp. No OS X problems, but under Windows the backup failed twice on the large map. This was using Home.

I came across a new tunnel on the A30 not on the map, no problem. When it told me to turn around at the first opportunity I simply carried on to Petersfield and turned left to Midhurst, where I was going. Returning I wanted to see if the same problem occurred, so I used the satnav. In a village/town in the vicinity of the tunnel it lead me up a road that ended at a car park. I could see where a road used to be, it was now dug up. What surprised me was the number of other cars that were in the same position, stopping and asking directions. Satnavs must be so common now. No big deal, I was soon back on my route again.

This little satnav will be getting some use.

Steve

hi Steve, and welcome.
I think you will have "MapShare" on that model, so you can report map errors and road changes.
Do you have "Map Corrections" anywhere on the menu?

Don't forget you will have a "Latest Map Guarantee", so you can download the most recent map version for free.
But you only have (I think) 90 days to do it in.
Latest maps are v880. What do you have?

Also, did you know that you can add an "extended menu" onto that model to get a few more features?

Ask a Question