Help with Uk up-to-date Maps.....

Hi Guys,

Only just joined today after googling for help!!!....

I have had a Tomtom One for couple years now and never really updated anything on it (except a couple of novelty voices a while back!!)

I have recently started to get a bit annoyed though as my Map is old. Recent roundabouts/junctions etc are not recognised on my map.
I obviously want the updated map...

My problem is silly i know but..
My computer has two USB cables - one is used for my mouse, the other for my Wireless Internet Dongle thing.
I cannot therefore connect my Tomtom to the Tomtom Home AND connect to the internet!!!

Does anybody know where i can download the newest maps (for free ideally!!!!) so i can save to Harddrive then transfer to Tomtom????????
(therfore saving me buying a multi USB thing!!)

Thanks in advance.

Jon

For starters.........

The only legitimate way to get maps for a TomTom is by purchasing them using Home from TomTom itself or via sd card for some models in Europe.

Any discussion of 'free' maps is really asking for 'stolen' or hacked maps and is not appropriate for this or any other legitimate gps forum. Read the announcement at the top of every forum here.

There are a bunch of models labelled TomTom One so only you can tell if your model has a sd slot. If it is, then perhaps you can BUY the map and install it that way.

If you don't have a sd slot, then you can BUY a usb external hub at your local electronics store to give you access to more slots.

Ask a Question