Help with POIs

TomTom Model(s)
GO910
Have a new 910 and still trying to figure out how to most effectively find and navigate to POIs. Does any one know of some tutorials or threads specifically about POIs?

For instance, if you have categories of POI set to display along your route, is there no way to find info on the displayed symbol - i.e. what restaurant is the symbol referring to?

If you look up a POI on "browse map", Starbucks for instance, it will list several but it seems you have to select only one to display on the map, can I not somehow display more to get a visual idea instead of just the distance (the distance does not tell me which direction it is).

Even if I do select one and it displays, I haven't found how to then navigate there without going to "navigate to" and going through the whole list to find the POI again. That doesn't make sense.

Moved to proper forum

For instance, if you have categories of POI set to display along your route, is there no way to find info on the displayed symbol - i.e. what restaurant is the symbol referring to?

Not unless you have custom POI's that are available here.

There is the browse map function, where you can click on the POI symbol where it should display the name and phone number. The icon will be the same though for all restaurants.

If you look up a POI on "browse map", Starbucks for instance, it will list several but it seems you have to select only one to display on the map, can I not somehow display more to get a visual idea instead of just the distance (the distance does not tell me which direction it is).

Go to Options in the browse map function.
Make sure POI is checked marked
Tap on POI on the bottom left
Look for starbucks and make sure there is a check
Tap Done

Now on the Browse map, the starbucks icon should now be displayed on the map.

You can now center you're selection and zoom out to see if there are any starbucks in the area of the cursor.

Even if I do select one and it displays, I haven't found how to then navigate there without going to "navigate to" and going through the whole list to find the POI again. That doesn't make sense.

In the browse map function there is a cursor button (looks like a cross hair), pressing that will allow you the option to navigate there. So when you pin point a starbucks, place the cursor on top of it, then tap on the cursor button, tap navigate there.

With the future release of Navcore 7, the new update will include an easier way to browse for POIs.

For example, when you browse Starbucks near your location, it will show the list of starbucks like you would normally see. The change is, when you select the first of the list, it will take you to another option. You will see the POI on a map and will give you the telephone information etc on the right. On the bottom it will ask you if you want to phone the POI or select it. On the map screen there will be left and right arrows. Selecting the next arrow will choose the second option on the original POI list it gave you. The beauty of it is that it will show you on the map screen. The map will also have the zoom in and out options.

Ask a Question