Help with 140s

So I got my 140s updated it and now it is hung up as in it won't boot up. I called service and it will take two weeks for a new unit. I did not backup the software prior to update. I know. Can anyone help me. Tomtom said they have a known bug with the update I used that killed some units. Is it just a file I can replace or did it toast the unit. It seems to work when I hook it up to update. I have removed and reinstalled the application 3 times to no avail.

Thanks

Go to Operate my One in HOME. Then within the emulator, go to your favorites and add or rename one.

Then close and properly disconnect using the blue icon in the lower right of HOME.

Does that help any?

Last edited:
Go to Operate my One in HOME. Then within the emulator, go to your favorites and add or rename one.

Then close and properly disconnect using the blue icon in the lower right of HOME.

Does that help any?

I thought this only fixed the issue when you installed a new map and tried restoring your old mapsettings.cfg file, not updating software. I could be wrong though, or confused.

That did not do it. Could anybody list the files and the sizes so I can compare and see which one is corrupt?

Was the update you did a map-only update? I didn't think there was an application update available for the 140s yet.

Did you try these steps yet? The key step is renaming the download folder so that you get a new application from Tomtom.

There IS an application update for the 140s - from 8.410 fo 8.411. After updating to 8.411 I was able to run the 140s (emulator) from home.

OK, never heard of 8.411 before.

Go here on your computer:
My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\program

What is the full name of the cab file in the subfolder here with the latest date?

I'll download it from the tomtom site and see if it has a bootloader change, if it doesn't you should be able to downgrade to app 8.410 since that worked for you.

upon reading another post here it was apparently the backup I did that killed the unit. Go figure.

Did you ever get your unit working? If not, we can try to piecemeal the software back together. You'll need two things:
1) a map
2) an application

The map is serial-number specific, sometimes you'll have one in mydocuments\tomtom\home\download\complete\map. If you have this, then let us know and we'll piecemeal the steps to recover. If you don't have it, then you'll have to wait for the tomtom warranty replacement

The application is freely downloadable. Again, If you have the map, post back and we'll walk you through recovery steps.

Ask a Question