Help me to post a forum

Hi,

I'm a brand new member just signed up today, and I'm what some might call 'computer illiterate', I don't particularly enjoy using my pc. I have had a stroke, owing to which I am extremely slow, and although I do have all my marbles, I get very confused and have extreme 'short-term memory' loss. I can literally forget what I am doing at any given time.

I posted thread a short while ago (please read it), I thought that I was was posting on the forum.

Actually, I don't know the difference between a 'thread' and a 'post'.

In need of some help/guidance from anybody who feels able to assist.

Please post any replies on the 'threads'.

Thank you.

Geoff.

P.S. Are you allowed to announce your personal e-mail address, and if so, is it safe

Your new thread started just fine, and I have already replied.

Geoff,
A post is what you did with your first one and the replies from canderson and myself.
Help me to post a forum
Is a new thread, a theme like when you started this.
So, we all posted in this thread.

As far as posting your eMail address is concerned, I cannot give you any advice. I have posted my address often here for the last 5 years and in other eMail groups since over 15 years.
I have only twice in all those years received a virus (intercepted by its software) and they were actually from a friend and from a relative who's address book had been infected.

Just keep your questions coming and if it is something completely different, just start a new thread again.

We usually advise you DON'T publish your email address in a forum. It is too easy for it to be "harvested" by automatic systems looking for valid addresses to send "spam" (junk mail) to.

If you need to pass your email address to anyone to help you, we will advise on how to do it safely.

Ask a Question