Help: Map Update Deleted Favorites

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd, GO 720
...along with some custom POIs that I'd added.

I made an OS-level backup a few days back. Does anyone know what file(s) hold the Favorites data?

Grrr!! :mad:

R?

mapsettings.cfg is the favorites file. just copy it back into the map folder.

Looking at the insides of my TT one, I thought this would work, but there's many more folders in there now with the updated program and updated maps. I slipped my mapsettings.cfg into the "maps" folder but still no favorites show up, then I put it just free floating in the upper level directory and still nothing.

How can I get my favorites back? I've done what all the threads suggest, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

And I've checked the actual file - the favs are still safe in there, it's not corrupt or overwritten.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

-Dasha-

what maps do you have? there should be a folder named USA_Canada something or other....that would be the map folder. mapsettings.cfg should work if installed in the right folder.

what maps do you have? there should be a folder named USA_Canada something or other....that would be the map folder. mapsettings.cfg should work if installed in the right folder.

That was it! Thanks! Now I can go and delete Guam without incident, right...? :)

Ask a Question