Help fixing a .ov2 file

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I just discovered my favorite gas station has posted downloads in both .ov2 and .csv formats:

https://secure.kwiktrip.com/m_whereweare/maps.aspx

Unfortunately, the .ov2 file isn't working. When I install the POI, the icon and name appear in the POI Categories; but when I search for a station, there are none found :(

I first tried to open the .ov2 in POI Edit and it's showed invalid. I then opened the .csv file and received two "not a valid floating point value" errors.

I'm new to POI Edit; is there anyone who can fix the .csv file then convert it to .ov2 format, or at least tell me what to fix?

I just discovered my favorite gas station has posted downloads in both .ov2 and .csv formats:

https://secure.kwiktrip.com/m_whereweare/maps.aspx

Unfortunately, the .ov2 file isn't working. When I install the POI, the icon and name appear in the POI Categories; but when I search for a station, there are none found :(

I first tried to open the .ov2 in POI Edit and it's showed invalid. I then opened the .csv file and received two "not a valid floating point value" errors.

I'm new to POI Edit; is there anyone who can fix the .csv file then convert it to .ov2 format, or at least tell me what to fix?

I just re-did it for you, pm me your email address, I'll send it to you. In the meantime, I will try to upload to some servers

The problem is that Kwik Trip has it as a acs TomTom ASCII text format.
They need to convert it with something like TomTom's makeov2 to make it a ov2. They can't simply change the file extension to get a ov2.

The problem is that Kwik Trip has it as a acs TomTom ASCII text format.
They need to convert it with something like TomTom's makeov2 to make it a ov2. They can't simply change the file extension to get a ov2.

Good to know, Thanks :)

I did email Kwik Trip on the matter after first discovering the .ov2 file was invalid. I will contact them again with the information you've provided as well as the fixed .ov2 file; hopefully, they'll post the fix and then start creating valid .ov2 files as station locations change.

Ask a Question