Help desperately needed

Hi I was hoping somone could help me. My Brother has trashed my mothers tom tom one. He has tried installing some extra maps on to it. It looks as if he has just copied the files directly onto the sd card. The tom tom itself loads a screen showing the SD card with a red cross on. Im guessing he has somehow corrupted the system files. Is there anyway to get a copy of these files to reset the system to default. I will then need to get hold of the UK maps which I dont have. Any help would be much appreciated. I have

In order for this to work, you need to have the system files on the card along with the map. He should copy everything from the internal memory (EXCEPT the old map folder) on to the card. When the card is inserted, the unit ignores the internal memory and boots directly from the card.

All of this is easy to do using Windows Explorer.

I think I have managed to install the software back onto the tom tom using HOME but I appear to still be missing the map. the arse didnt make a backup before he wiped anything so I cant restore it. How do I access the internal if this hasnt been wiped too

turn it off, remove the SD card and restart it. The internal memory should then be active. Back it up if it works before you do everything...

Oh Yea, slap your brother ,too. Tell him to go back to the video games and quit messing with mom's stuff... :D

With the TomTom connected to your PC, it shows up as an external hard drive. You can view the contents of the internal memory (or SD card, if it is inserted) using Windows Explorer. The map folder is obvious because of its name.

Still trying with this, I managed to get the disk that came with the sat nav hoping it would have the UK maps on but it never. I attached it to the PC with no SD card in but I couldnt gain access to it. Next step try formatting the HD card to make sure its all empty, attach it to home and hopefully get the program software installed and finally buy the UK maps and bill my brother for the cost + my time I think.

Hi I was hoping somone could help me. My Brother has trashed my mothers tom tom one. He has tried installing some extra maps on to it. It looks as if he has just copied the files directly onto the sd card. The tom tom itself loads a screen showing the SD card with a red cross on. Im guessing he has somehow corrupted the system files. Is there anyway to get a copy of these files to reset the system to default. I will then need to get hold of the UK maps which I dont have. Any help would be much appreciated. I have

Once a map is purchased, the user has 1 year to download it (repeatedly, if necessary). So, if the UK map was obtained within the last year, you should be able to log into TT's website with your account information and download it again.

Ask a Question