Help after full formatting please

Hi,
after i tried to install some POIs on my One 3rd it started to act up and i had to full format it. Now hen connected to HOME it offered me to install the Application and i did. But the GPS seems blank and when i start it i can only see a red cross blinking... Explorer shows the Application files so the program is on the hard disc of the unit, but it is not working?

any help?

I had to manually install USA map because HOME doesnt offer me any maps - just says no availble maps!

thnx
peter

ell, my biggest problem is that the tomtom doesnt start up with the application. usually it will start and there will be a screen message no map found or something. i tried to deistanll and reinstall the application few times without result

well, i guess thats what im gonna do, reformat, but i did it already once and this thing happened. before at least the application started although the gps would freeze...

well, i guess thats what im gonna do, reformat, but i did it already once and this thing happened. before at least the application started although the gps would freeze...

I had much the same thing happen to me .My TT was freezing in the statup screen and what I had to do was use my card reader and install the application on my card then put it back in my unit and start it up from my card. I then formated the unit a couple of times then I reinstaled my older backup and updated the information from that point. ( I keep two backup's about 3 mts apart )

The Tomtom should start up once you reformat and put a clean application on it.

Did you format as fat32? Did you do a full format, not a quickformat? Have you tried a reset?

If it doesn't work with clearflash and the above three steps, you probably have a hardware fault on it.

When you start up the Tomtom, it autogenerates an identification file on the drive, with serial/model number. Until this file is generated, Tomtom HOME won't recognize the device.

finally i managed to reformat it properly under FAT32 and the application works now.
What version of MAP do I need now, my ONE 3rd is bought 1.5 yrs ago.
also do you guys think that Tomtom will send me a free map as the one i had ( i dont need a newer version)

All these maps will work on the One 3rd edition.

Call up Tomtom, sometimes they are nice and will load a really old map to get a non-functional Tomtom back into functional status.

Ask a Question