Has anyone heard any news regarding the new NA maps for 1/20/08?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I just got off the phone with TT support trying to get the 710.1609 map and they told me their annual map update will be coming out on the 20th of this month. Has anyone heard anything whatsoever about these new maps?

Wow, it they come through on the 20th then my 30 day upgrade will pick them up.

This also seems to be a good call since the coupon that came with the GO920's for a year of free map updates states it can't be used until the 28th. It could also be that it's not going to be on the 20th but on or shortly after the 28th.

If it does come on the 20th then it's in my 30 day Latest Maps Guarantee window. The question is if you upgrade under Latest Maps Guarantee will it be part of the 1 year. I hope not but I'm guessing it will.

I bet you do not see it till Feb. All Tom Tom maps are on sale 50% off till feb 1 so they would be selling the new map for 50%off not going to happen in my oppion.

If I were to buy the NA map now, and they released an udate on Feb 2, would my map update to the latest? Or would I be SoL to get the new one?
I've been humming and haaaaahing over whether to spend the $70CDN to buy the map for my XL-S (which currently is using the USA and Canada map). I really wish I could compare the two myself... Like a try before you buy... :( Decisions decisions.

I got my GPS go920 for X-mas do I qualify for the free upgrade? Will it update automaticly or will I have to call support or go to download site?

I got my GPS go920 for X-mas do I qualify for the free upgrade? Will it update automaticly or will I have to call support or go to download site?

My advice to you would be to wait until the 29th day (literally count the days from which you first used it) and then use the latest map guarantee via TT Home 2. You only get to get the latest map guarantee once within 30 days of owning it, so wait as long as possible and maybe hopefully you'd be downloading their newer map.

My advice to you would be to wait until the 29th day (literally count the days from which you first used it) and then use the latest map guarantee via TT Home 2. You only get to get the latest map guarantee once within 30 days of owning it, so wait as long as possible and maybe hopefully you'd be downloading their newer map.
So what is this 1 year map update coupon code I got with my unit in box?? Doesn't that give me access to any update for one year?

I just got off the phone with TT support trying to get the 710.1609 map and they told me their annual map update will be coming out on the 20th of this month. Has anyone heard anything whatsoever about these new maps?

Well the 1 year free map page on their website says to check back on Jan. 25 They are also allegedly beta-testing maps...

I haven't heard anything about a 1/20 release

So what is this 1 year map update coupon code I got with my unit in box?? Doesn't that give me access to any update for one year?

With the one year map coupon, you are definitely able to update any time within that year!

It's funny, when I first started reading this thread, I thought it was talking about the Tele Atlas releasing their new 3D maps. They debuted them at CES last week and I was wondering if/when they'd be out.

I really hope this next map version fixes the bad issues with map. The other day the gps told me to get on the southbound turnpike enterence and make a u turn to get to the northbound ramp and get on it. What the heck!!!

The word I got from Tech Support is that you'll use the code when the new maps come out. I told them that the coupon seems to imply that you enter the code now and then you get new maps automatically. I also suggested that they should post to the forums just what is going on so we don't keep calling them.

I got this response today from Tomtom regarding the new NA map release...

"Currently we have a version of the maps in beta testing. Unfortunately, we do not yet have any information available about the timing of the release of our next map update."

I got a new TomTom One 3rd edition and it came with a code for getting the latest map.
If I don't enter the code, they can't know when I started using it, right?

So can't I just wait a couple months and then update the map?
The current map is OK for now, I'm not sure what it is missing.
It knows my street, my parents streets and if it doesn't know one of my sister's treet by now, it never will (very small dirt road).

I got a new TomTom One 3rd edition and it came with a code for getting the latest map.
If I don't enter the code, they can't know when I started using it, right?

So can't I just wait a couple months and then update the map?
The current map is OK for now, I'm not sure what it is missing.
It knows my street, my parents streets and if it doesn't know one of my sister's treet by now, it never will (very small dirt road).

The 30 day clock starts the first time the user uses TTHome to get updates. If you never use the software and decide to wait months, you will find that TomTom will ask you to send in a copy of your bill of sale. So, sorry, you would be out of luck.

Ask a Question