Has anyone done this yet? Watch Vid...

dhn is correct that clip is for business.

If you are looking for something that will give house address you can still use Google Maps and get directions from point (A ) to that address then use a program like Houghi or Tyre. to make an ITN file.

If you don't know the address but know the location on the map you can use a program like Mappiner and save the location as a favorite.

Just tried a business address and a home address and both worked flawlessly. Well almost, I have a GO 630 with Home 2.5.1.36 and every now and them Home 2 will throw an error "Navigator failed to initialise - Code -9000" when I select Operate My Go. My only way to get it to work again is to uninstall TomTom Home, delete all references in the registry, the default folder locations "x:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\My Documents\TomTom", and delete all shortcut references. Do a fresh install of Home 2 and make sure that when it first starts up it asks for your country, if it doesn't there is still a trace of the original somewhere that has your user credentials - find and delete and repeat entire procedure. After your done and you select your country Home should ask to download a needed file, do so and all should be well.

HTH,

DeliBaker

Update: For whatever reason the procedure I posted to "Operate My Go" no longer seems to work. Somewhere there is a trace of Home that needs to be removed that I haven't located since uninstall/reinstall keeps my TomTom login info. I'll keep playing around and will update this thread with any findings.

Update 12/11/08: Found it!! Besides the above steps to remove TomTom, the stored profile must also be removed. This can be found in "x:\Documents and Settings\(your user name\Application Data\TomTom". Just delete the folders and "Operate My Go" should work.

Last edited:
Update 12/11/08: Found it!! Besides the above steps to remove TomTom, the stored profile must also be removed. This can be found in "x:\Documents and Settings\(your user name\Application Data\TomTom". Just delete the folders and "Operate My Go" should work.

Yea, for whatever reason some of my files are in the application data folder on my PC when I thought all files went to the "my documents" folder on my PC.

Hi,

The address box at the top of maps.google.com accepts any address that is typed in, business, poi, residence, etc. Once the map displays just send it to your GPS.

This is a great feature of google, but I still have periodic problems with Home crashing when I try to operate my GO 630 forcing a clean reinstall of the software.

HTH,

DeliBaker

Last edited:
I finally found the reason why "Operate My Go" dies with a fatal error -9000 after a few uses. The very first time you use this option Home downloads needed files to the extensions folder located at x:\Documents and Settings\"user name"\Application Data\TomTom\Home\Profiles\"*.default"\extensions.

In TomTom's infinite wisdom some of these needed files have a ".chk" extension which as far as Microsoft is concerned are orphaned file fragments created when the utility "chkdsk" scans and repairs you hard drive. So if you run any kind of maintenance program that cleans up debris and clutter these files are deleted - hence the fatal error -9000.

Once I added this folder to the exclusions list of my cleanup program I haven't had any further issues.

HTH,

DeliBaker

Ask a Question