Has anyone used the TomTom App with the Magellan Premium Car Kit?

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone
I am just downloading the TomTom app now, after deleting the Navigon (not happy with it!!), in canada I can only find the Magellan mount for my wife's iTouch... just curious if anyone has successfully got it to work? Apple gives me 14 days to return it, but thought I would see if anyone has had any luck... before I may pull my hair out trying this...

This seems like a good mount, especially adding in bluetooth hands free calling into the mount.

macman_canada
Mississauga, ON

Magellan Premium Car Kit for iPhone and iPod touch Free 3 Day Shipping USA

Transform your iPhone or iPod touch into a complete GPS navigation solution with the Magellan Premium iPhone/iPod Car Kit. Simply place your iPhone or iPod touch into the cradle and connect the power. Note: This iPhone/iPod car kit works great with tomtom gps app, Navigon gps app, Motion X gps app and many other iPhone/iPod GPS apps.

With the built-in GPS receiver, you'll automatically enhance your iPhone or iPod touch navigation experience. The receiver ensures accurate directions during the your entire route. The cradle even works with most turn by turn applications available today, including the Magellan RoadMate for iPhone App.

The Premium Car Kit connects via Bluetooth to deliver a superior hands-free calling experience. The powerful, amplified speaker delivers crystal clear calls and turn by turn directions. No need to even remove your protective cover - the cradle adjusts to accommodate cases or skins.

Navigate in confidence with the Magellan Premium Car Kit!

Built-in GPS receiver enhances performance
A powerful, sensitive built-in GPS receiver provides fast and accurate directions every time.

Turns your iPod touch into a GPS navigator
The built-in GPS receiver transforms your iPod touch into a full-featured GPS navigator with real-time, turn by turn directions.

Works with most navigation or location-based apps
While optimized for the Magellan RoadMate app for iPhone, the cradle is compatible with most GPS navigation apps.

In-car charging
The cradle automatically powers and charges when connected. No need to worry about running out of battery.

Noise-cancelling, hands-free speakerphone
Full duplex speakerphone for crystal clear calls.

Powerful, amplified speaker
Use the volume control for loud and clear voice guidance.

Secure, adjustable vehicle mounting
Quickly secure the cradle to your windshield or dashboard and easily adjust for portrait or landscape viewing.

Fits hard shell cases or silicon skins
Accommodates most cases or skins for maximum flexibility when inserting into the cradle.

for one thing the TomTom car kit will only fit a skin that has the bottom open and the top open, so as not to increase the length of the whole unit. Therefore I bought a new skin that was only 1mm thick as well as having the top and bottom open, were as my incase slider did not work, the Air Jacket.

Ask a Question